Summer Slopes

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by CoookkieMonster, Feb 2, 2012.

1. CoookkieMonster

CoookkieMonster Forerunner

Welcome to Summer Slopes, a long double-wide/terrain (hybrid) racetrack with a ski slope theme. It has a lap time of close to two minutes and is a lot of fun. It includes banked waves, spirals, turns, a huge jump, a drive over the water, some terrain sections, some collision course sections (where you go in the opposite direction on an earlier part of the map), an elevator, a climb up a rock slope, and some awesome scenery. The scenery includes a skier and a snowboarder and a huge ski lift with a lodge at the bottom. It's an amazing map with two months of work, lots of editing and redoing, lots of testing, and lots of thought and creativity put in it. So please have fun on the Summer Slopes!

Overview 1
    [​IMG]
    Overview 2
    [​IMG]
    Ski Lift
    [​IMG]
    Rock Skier and Snowboarder
    [​IMG]
    Overview 3
    [​IMG]
    Drive over the water to elevator
    [​IMG]
    Rock slope to finish
    [​IMG]

Check out the video here

Don't forget to download! Do that here

#1 CoookkieMonster, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. Moccabeast

Moccabeast Forerunner

hey looks pretty smooth! And the scenery looks great :) I'll download it tomorrow! Keep it up coookiiee :D

3. Shik

Shik Forerunner

Ooooooo, I like how you actually added aesthetics around the map. I love that ski lift, it looks good, the lodge not so good probably because of budget reasons, but you can tell what it is. Looks really smooth, and the fact that it's a double wide is getting me to download. Good work, Coookkie

4. feartehstickman

feartehstickman Forerunner

Wow! This track looks huge and really smooth.
    I love the ski-lift, it looks great and the skier/snowboarder are pretty good too lol!

Overall, great work - this looks to be a really good racetrack.

5. Rushed Pancake

Rushed Pancake Forerunner

I went the wrong way at one part lol, good job on the mao

6. Katanga

Katanga Ancient

Me too.
    Aside from the confusion on the crossover parts of this track, I loved it. Especially the decline towards the sea near the island, the speed you pick up feels natural and exciting.

7. joelrjohnson

joelrjohnson American Forgers

I really like this map, and all around it is a good map, but I thought it was a bit too flat in most of the track. Maybe consider adding some waves and more jumps in the track.