Submersion

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by PandaKing, Oct 5, 2010.

1. PandaKing

PandaKing Forerunner

'You can’t see under water, for one, but the biggest problem is that lots of people aren’t willing take the time to carefully construct a good map, and yet they think they have the most awesome, original design of all time just because it’s mostly submerged. That type of cheap gimmick might win over some twelve year-olds, but isn’t going to impress people who are serious about Halo: Reach maps.'

I actualy took the time to ensure better visibility underwater after playing several disasturus underwater maps, in which i was continusly falling to my death, and wandering around looking for people. Even i was suprised at how well this played, simply because it's small, and the water is open to the sky. This means that the combat remains interesting because you can move in and out of the water. I took the time to design an unerwater map that works better, and I think the result was pretty good. I recomend jetpack..

Just had to put that out there. DL and decide for youself.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Guns- Grenade Launcher x2, Sniper Rifle x1, Energy Sword x1, Plasma Pistol x2, Needler x2, DMR x2, Magnum x2, Assault Rifle x2, Needle Rifle x2

I would also like to mention that i have played flywheels Submersion after seeing it (after i created and named this map) and i think our maps are substantially different in both style and gameplay.

#1 PandaKing, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  2. Explosive B0b

Explosive B0b Forerunner

tested this map out and its a blast. the grenade launcher reacts very cool in the water.

3. PandaKing

PandaKing Forerunner

Flywheel1, nice map, much more accomplish than mine and of course, yours has the same name, sorry, but what else could i call it instead ( i was not aware that your map existed until you posted here)

Added after 9 Hours 19 minutes:

If you enjoyed this map, check out Submersion, my second Reach map with an underwater twist (it still playes remarkably well, promise)

Also Check out Refuge, another great map me and a friend worked on together

#4 PandaKing, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010