Sub-System

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Toastman, Nov 20, 2010.

1. MrGreenWithAGun

MrGreenWithAGun Forerunner

I understand what you mean by if bungie does it so will I. But they also have an article that states that an initial spawn point surrounded by neutral respawn points is recommended, and I found it to be totally predictable. The only draw back is that the entire team spawns very close to each other. To spawn in two groups at different parts of the map, you need to have more than one initial spawn point.

2. Toastman

Toastman Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I would get infracted if I typed something so short without any development. Check my post history. I am a very positive forum-goer and I don't get annoyed by criticism but please expand on your point.

3. Anemeros

Anemeros Forerunner

What is that supposed to imply? That seemed very negative for some reason. Isn't it a courtesy to follow up a complaint with an explanation of some sort?

Anyways, I have played every version of Sub-System with a various amount of people. Every issue that I ever had with the map was quickly corrected by the creator, usually without having to mention it to him.

4. jipisig

jipisig Forerunner

Beautiful design, very creative, 9.5/10 only because of certain aesthetics I personally disliked. But I am sure plenty would disagree. I can’t wait to see your next work of art! I could see this being featured. Nice work! ^_^

5. dt192

dt192 Forerunner

Yea i love this map, went streight on my top list, great stuff, keep them coming

6. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

I just played this map, and man, it is good!

It's just...so...BEAUTIFUL!

and it played flag slayer very, very well.

The only problem was... lag, I often got flickering, and framerate lag when I was playing on it. if those problems could be removed I think this might be one of the best maps I've played.

7. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Yeah, I remember playing this with my cousins what feels like a year ago. Dunno what he played, but when I played I had some minor issues with framerate (absolutely painful on 3 person split screen... but what map isn't!) But my biggest issue were the areas of the map that were seemingly never used, and the fact that the long distance you have to walk to get the rocket out of the spawn is in fact, far too long. They caused a handful of issues that led to all sorts of stress for me >.<

But it is a good map nonetheless, even if my opinion comes half a year too late!

EDIT: This post, while offering an opinion on your map, only happened because of the quote :p