stuck man cannon

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by rabid, Oct 6, 2010.

1. rabid

rabid Forerunner

I was messing around with the man cannon on my map and stuck it in the ground facing up. Now I can't take it out or delete it. Is there any way i can fix it without having to start my map over? Thanks in advanced.

2. ProtoFury

ProtoFury Ancient

Place another man-cannon, now press B while hovering over it or holding it to open the Tools display, and hit "Delete All of These". It will eradicate any man-cannons of that specific type and setting from the map, which will mean you will have to replace any ones you previously added, but it's better than starting over from your last save.

EDIT: Also, welcome to Forge Hub!

3. rabid

rabid Forerunner

Thank you so much! I was freaking out!

4. ProtoFury

ProtoFury Ancient

No problem! Glad to help! :)

5. Mallias

Mallias Forerunner

I've run into this issue a number of times...

I'm constantly running around the map checking for clipping errors caused by this, and yes, it can be a pain to fix once it happens.

I'm not sure what the cause is, but any object that is more than roughly 50% inside geometry native to Forgeworld (i.e. the terrain) will be "removed" and unselectable yet the object will still be visible in Forge.

Be careful when placing objects too far into the terrain!

6. Scalpel Technique

And if you have placed any man cannons beforehand that you don't wont to delete you may be able to replace those easily. If, that is you used rotation snap and the grid to place them - just go to them, grab them and dont move them and press b and go into edit co-ordinates and write down the height width depth co-ordinates and rotation snaps and keep em to put em back later. You can re-place objects this way into literally the exact spot they were before.

7. LazerManiac

LazerManiac Forerunner

I hate when I place something too far into the ground.

I was making a race map with all capture plates, and got one plate stuck into the ground, not able to get it out. I was not about to delete all 40 or so plates I have to get that one.