Storage

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Foyoman, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Foyoman

Foyoman Forerunner

Storage
    The diamonds stored in this storage have driven these scientists mad over wealth. 4-12 players.

Hello, everyone. I'm Foyoman and people call me Foyoman. This is my first Conquest map and it is on Valhalla. It's all squeezed in the inside of the blue base. Yes. That's all of the description I can think of, so on to the pictures.

Red teams SMG's, Sniper and first territory
    [​IMG]

Red teams Needler and second territory
    [​IMG]

Middle territory
    [​IMG]
    *There should be Spike Grenades next to the drop pods and there should be a BR behind the drop pods

Blue teams second territory and Needler
    [​IMG]

Blue teams SMG's, Sniper and first territory
    [​IMG]

Download

#1 Foyoman, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. Moxus

Moxus Ancient

Certainly an interesting idea, but it's a wee bit small. This tight nature would probably make it pretty nice for, say, Team Doubles game-play, but beyond that, I'd probably be chaos. That said, I'd suggest putting in a teleporter and rigging Red base for the same setup; the map would still be small, but with the added room both teams would have a little more breathing room.

Certainly a unique concept.

-=Moxus=-

3. Foyoman

Foyoman Forerunner

I was planning to make it for both bases but the middle territory...

4. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

Agreed, ok this is most likely the first map that is compacted into such a small area. Firstly the BRs like you said are behind the pods, what are the use of brs in such a closed in area they can't do much damage in close combat.
    (Im not trying to destroy your map but it has to be rethinked again)
    I don't thing the conquest gametype will work very well on it because of the respawn times are pretty high. Ok sinse the map is really small you might have players that will just destroy it by spawn camping and crap like that.

Sinse it's your first conquest map i guess it's allright i have not even built one yet.

Your map has to be rethinked

5. PRS

PRS Ancient

This is a cool concept, I've never seen a conquest map on Valhalla. Agreed that it looks cramped, but that doesn't neccesarily make it bad. Possibly use Red Base and teh middle territory could be in one of the caves, preferably the Red Base/Ocean Base because it doesnt have very may openings in the side, unlike the Blue Base/Cliff Base one. try and get a good, more anti-claustrophobic layout, because without playing I can almost guarantee there would be grenade spamming if theres grenades and it wouldn't be very fun.

Also you don't have a donload link. THat could be a problem. :p

#5 PRS, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  6. pyro

pyro The Joker

It is cramped and quite small but would be good for those smaller parties that cannot fill up the hollow or other, bigger maps. Really a neat idea for something not on sandbox. I would say add frag grenades instead of any plasma or spike grenades because there are so many choke points, sticking someone would be easy.

7. Wwolf655

Wwolf655 Ancient

hmm i know what you mean... Maybe you could also include 1 of the Caves to have the middle one in take a TP from Blue base to the cave then from the cave take another TP to the red base kinda.... Still it is a small cramped area but still sounds like a great idea 4/5

8. DIEabolical

DIEabolical Forerunner

I think the idea here is perfect for smaller groups.Nice location too.I would say block one of the caves off and use that as middle territory but with teleportals....I dont know.
    Great map though.