Storage

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by darklink123, Oct 11, 2008.

1. darklink123

darklink123 Ancient

This is my first time posting here, so tell me if I do anything wrong.

Download: http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=55398230

My map is call Storage, it is an asymmetrical map that supports one flag and one bomb. The defenders get all Covenant technology while the attackers get all human.

Pictures:

Attacker base:
    [​IMG]

Defender base:
    [​IMG]

Random building (good for giving cover fire from)
    [​IMG]

Warthog spawn
    [​IMG]

Ghost spawn:
    [​IMG]

Gateway going in to defender's base
    [​IMG]

Crashed truck
    [​IMG]

Flag spawn/Bomb plant point
    [​IMG]

Bomb spawn/Rocket spawn/Where you bring the flag
    [​IMG]

Please tell me if I can make it better in any way, and please download and try it before you say that it looks suckish.

The creator of this map, C05M0DL123, or darklink123.
    [​IMG]

2. The Flappy

The Flappy Ancient

This actualy looks good keep up the good work

3. darklink123

darklink123 Ancient

Thank you, I have other maps that I might post later. I just noticed that this map's name is taken, is it possible to change a threads name?

4. E3 Marine

E3 Marine Ancient

Okay map. Welcome to forge hub. I think your pics arent embeded but so what your new. Also learn how to Interlock

5. MXG Frost

MXG Frost Ancient

I like the idea of your map, but instead of foundry, make a map like this on avalanche, because the metal of foundry ruins the whole map

IVIercinator likes this.
  6. TheDarkKnight05

TheDarkKnight05 Ancient

Looks Alright, the map seems really open and there is a lot of random stuff just laying around.

Now some of the structures I kind of like. For example, the defenders base looks pretty good. But I have to admit that the pilliars with the walls are really getting unoriginal. The first place I really saw it was Temple Nights and now it is getting a little out of date.
    Another one would be the "random" sniper tower.

So some things that I think you should change would be cutting down on the openness. Now don't just spam the open spaces with stuff like boxes and wall. Maybe make some interesting structures or catwalks. Another thing is fixing some crooked things. Like the fence wall right by the warthog.

So good try and if you fix some of those things, it should be looking quite good.

drak likes this.
  7. OwlWolf

OwlWolf Ancient

I like the layout of the map for the most part, just some more would be nice.
    I agree with everything TheDarkKnight said, but I also think that you should include the foundry bases or close them off.
    They are kind of just there doing nothing.
    A version two for this map would look really good if you added some more structures to fill up the empty space.
    Keep Forging :)

8. darklink123

darklink123 Ancient

Yeah, I'm definitely going to make a 2.0. For the most part, the crookedness is intentional, but I will fix it up. I do know how to interlock, I just didn't feel this map needed any. If you tell me exactly what I should interlock, I will. I also did not block off the foundry bases because there would be no reason to go over there, and the halls are blocked off, but I will put something there.

9. BatteryIncluded

BatteryIncluded Ancient

looks suckish....JUST KIDDING! welcome to forge hub! Whats ironic is right now is that there are two Storage maps up on the "new maps" thing i would dl but i gotta clean out some maps.

10. TheXShadowXKing

TheXShadowXKing Ancient

ok map,learn the basics of forge,k? and sorry your grammar 'call storage'? The grammar in a post is almost as in portent as the map it keeps the old members with a smiley face see =)

all i can say is it is sloppy and and very simple need to work at making it look clean, yaa know?

Edit:every thing!!!! interlock every thing you can!!!!!

11. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

not bad for a first map but it looks kinda empty. some stuff is overdone but scine it is your first map ill let it go.
    3/5

12. SUPERNOVA

SUPERNOVA Ancient

This is a very nice map. It gives some good cover and some good vantage points. There are some spots that lack cover and are a little to open but the other cover gives it a better layout keep making stuff like this and you'll be one of the better forgers.