Stonewall Keep

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Randomdude1194, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Randomdude1194

Randomdude1194 Ancient

Take 2. Hopefully I got the right links. Thanks to jo351.

Many things inspired me to build this map.

One day while playing reach, my friend said to me "make a melee-based gametype." So I did. It was well balanced and felt medieval-ish. Later that day i got on Team Fortress 2. the recent update included a new gametype; melee mode. I played this, and it entertained me for a good extent of time. The map it was played on (Degroot Keep) was simple and fun. But alas, I cannot truly be happy with a game unless I have a good solid controller in my hands.

Henceforth, I bring you Stonewall Keep!

[​IMG]

Yes, indeed this map is moderately influenced by the TF 2 map, yet not entirely. Its layout is very simple, essentially following one straight path. Yet this is not a problem due to the fact that guns will not be a primary weapon.

[​IMG]

While this map is set up for a multitude of gametypes, (some of which i may have not checked off) its primary function is invasion. And while it will work for many custom invasion gametypes, my custom game, valhalla bound, should be the first choice when playing this.

It works as such:

Throughout the game, players will only be able to use swords, gravity hammers and grenade launchers (to represent bows). These weapons become unlocked as the stages progress. The blue attackers will begin by taking a bomb up the hill and planting it at the gate or wall. The entire planting process takes a total of 30 seconds. Red team will have 2 classes, swords w/ sprint, or launchers w/ drop shield. Blue will only have sword w/ sprint. The entire planting process takes a total of 30 seconds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: The castle walls cannot be breached until this task is finished.

Once through, the blue team will have to capture a single point in the courtyard. the float time for this area is a 10 seconds. Red will still have the same classes, yet blue will have access to grenade launcher w/ drop shield. This capture point is tough to capture, as it puts capturers in a corner close to the red spawns. However, blue spawns move up closer to the castle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, the door to the treasure cave opens. The blue team must retrieve the treasure and return it to where they started. At this time, both teams will be granted access to gravity hammers, which do not have an attached armor ability.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the treasure has been stolen, the round is won and teams switch!

Invasion is certainly not the only gametype available for play. Many other slayer gametypes as well as objective games may be played! However, the monstrous cost to build the map has left only enough funds to spawn a small portion of weapons. There's a shotgun, some DMRs and a rocket launcher, but not much else. this map is truly enjoyed when gametypes without map weapons are played!

That's about it. Enough typing, download and enjoy.

[​IMG]

(now let's see if i did the pics right.)

#1 Randomdude1194, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  2. Values

Values Forerunner

The Pics seem to be broken. I cant see a single one, they're all just boxes. So, sorry, but no you didn't do pictures roght.

3. Jo351

Jo351 Ancient

So close you just got the wrong link.

[​IMG]

Do you see where it says IMG code to the right of the pictures? All you need to do is click that and paste in your map post.

You put
    Code:
    [IMG ]http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae341/randomdude1194/?action=view&current=reach_13493189_Full.jpg[/IMG]
    but needed
    Code:
    [IMG ]http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae341/randomdude1194/reach_13493189_Full.jpg[/IMG]
    Good luck!

#3 Jo351, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011