Stonehenge

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by flaming omelet, Jul 18, 2008.

1. SiN Fwang

SiN Fwang Ancient

epic win! this map looks great and pretty and any word describing good looking stuff. 5/5 for sure

2. flaming omelet

flaming omelet Ancient

Thanks for the review ryan r teh lol. I was afraid people wouldn't explore the different gametypes. Glad someone did...you might want to stay away from infection though. I love the big rush for the stonehenge, can be deadly if you rush and it could be deadly if you don't. As for the openess, you gotta rember to check your angles before you run into the open (;

3. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

i seen this map when i didnt have my account active but now that its active id like to put my 2 cents in. i like it because its an accurate reproduction of stonehenge but i think you need a weapon list and how many players its for.
    EDIT: nevermind i looked back at the top and seen the weapon list AND the # of players

#43 pinohkio, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  4. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

Great map, man. It's very well-rounded. I know you're walking a fine line between aesthetics and gameplay here, and you did both very well.

Gameplay: as mentioned above, it does remind me a bit of Machu Pichu, because of the hillside with the passage behind it in the back of the map. The balance is good, maybe the variety of weapons is a bit slim. You have lots of BRs and carbines, which is a good choice for such an open map. By the way, forget what people usualy say, I love open maps.

Aesthetics: If aesthetics had been your number one priority (and you did post in the aesthetics board, after all), I think this should have been done on Standoff. The grassy field behind red base would have been so perfect. You would have had fewer concrete barriers to work with, but I think you could have pulled it off. Anyway, as it is, it does look very nice, although no pictures of Stonehenge that I've seen feature heavy lift cranes in a warehouse.

5. Grandmas House

Grandmas House Ancient

Predicide is right, but there is really not much you can do..

The only part I'm sort of if-y (sp?) on is the dumpster section of the map. Other than that it looks pretty good.

1 last question.

Is it possible to splatter someone with a barrier on this map lol?

6. flaming omelet

flaming omelet Ancient

No, i'm pretty sure it's not possible to splatter someone with a barrier. But it would be pretty funny lol. The barriers will randomly respawn in your face during gameplay and they will sometimes fall on you. OMG THE POSSESSED BARRIER JUST TRIED TO KILL ME!!! And as for the dumpsters. I really wanted to wrap the hill the whole way around, but i ran out of boxes, so i used dumpsters as rocks to fill the empty space. They do a good job of providing cover and it's my favorite place to hold up. They also break up the map's look and provide call outs.

7. CrazyChao

CrazyChao Ancient

It seemed like a nice idea when I clicked this thread, but I am a little disappointed with the quality of this map.

The map seems rather basic and I would most likely tire of playing it very quickly. It is a nice idea, though. Add some more details and you've got yourself a great map! Keep it up.

8. xMBMAxPureEvil

xMBMAxPureEvil Ancient

This map looks very well constructed. Just a thougt, wasnt stonehedge on a hill? dosent matter though cause it dosent effect gbame paly though. This map looks good and pretty origional. You should probably move this to competitive becasue it looks prety playable. The stonehedge idea is great and you have a job well done.

9. Shade9595

Shade9595 Ancient

sweet map, looks like a mix of close combat and long range fighting a bit to open though. 5/5

10. HumBoys

HumBoys Ancient

One on my first forge maps was strikingly similar to this, was named stonehenge, and was very bad. But enough about me, lets check out this map. Although the central area is obviously the climatic and most important part of the map hopefully, especially during KOTH and other objective games, the outside area speaks to me the most. Those hills are just too freaking cool, and the cave is just an awesome touch. I also must commend you on the lack of explosive weapons that I see. They would topple the pillars, but it also adds a kind of archaic gesture to the map's background. 2000 years ago, most people lacked rawket lawnchairs. My two suggestions for this map are: Add more cover on the hills- the lower down, the more cover, to aid foot soldiers and disagree to snipers. Also, lock down the pillars with weapon holders. Oh, a third suggestion: Dun taek mah map n00bz05!!1!1

11. the whyher

the whyher Ancient

I really like the look of this, it looks great. It seems very simple but seems to also look like it will play well. Im going to DL this. It looks like a realistic recreation, the center I mean does.

12. Leoparddude

Leoparddude Ancient

Very nice. Most people just would of done it and not had competitive play in mind. This will be a blast to play on. I love the caves also, and that crack you can thro stickies down is very awesome!

13. Huntar

Huntar Ancient

this actually looks pretty damn fun =D
    i gotta hand it to you, you pulled this of. It just looked like a bunch of barriers, then i realized its much, much more. I love the interlocking on the sides and the underground tunnel. looks very well layed out! Note: i would dwnload but im at 100 =|

4.5/5 =]

good work!

14. Dj DiN

Dj DiN Ancient

This map is one of a kind and look how amazing that famous stone circle looks. It is damn near a perfect replica of the real thing. I think aesthetics are as important as gameplay and from the look of the rest of the map I'm guessing it plays just as well. I'm downloading it now to find out.

15. AI_Twitch

AI_Twitch Ancient

This is an 'OK' example of balance between the close and long range enviornments. A word of advice would be to provide more close combat space maybe around the air, but with the theme being the human built stonehenge in Britain, I understand how it would not fit as I have analyzed the pictures across the internet. The only word of advice now would be to wait for sandbox, because the answer to this is how the map is too small. And when you make this on sandbox, make the actual stones much much bigger, as they are about 50 feet tall in real life.

16. Wolverine

Wolverine Ancient

Nice I really like the stonehendge structure. There is random objects that are on the map but they actually help. Thne two bases idea is wayyyyyy to overused. You really need an original idea. But you did a great job geoerging and interlocking so thats a plus. Overall it has nice gameplay but more of an original idea. And try not to rely on double boxes so much to make the bases you need to use other objects than boxes and walls. The gameplay is fun even for CTF and Slayer. I really like it. Next time an original idea and new objects to make the bases. 4/5