Stoic

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Negrumir, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Negrumir

Negrumir Forerunner

Well the map is pretty much done at this point. I'd like to test it though, but that's kind of difficult for me. If anyone wants to throw it in when they play some customs that would be awesome.The map supports all modes except invasion, infection, and race. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

The map is an asymmetrical map built on part of the island. As usual, I try to work my maps into the terrain. I'm quite satisfied with how this one came out. I balanced the weapon placement as best I could from just looking in forge but once again, testing is required to fully see how things work out. They should be fine though, minor tweaks may be necessary though.

Download
    Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

Some pics of the map.

[​IMG]
    Top down view. It surprised me that the map came out nearly rectangular.

[​IMG]
    Pic from the bottom end of the map looking up. The sniper spawn is in the bottom left corner of the pic.

[​IMG]
    We're looking at the middle of the map now. The red base can be seen in the background of the pic on the left side.

[​IMG]
    This is from the top corner of the map. There's a Focus Rifle up here on the left hand side of the pic.

[​IMG]
    The red base.

[​IMG]
    And the blue base.

[​IMG]
    Looking down at the purple team spawn area as well as one of the Mongoose. The energy sword is in a tunnel behind the trees.

[​IMG]
    You can see the shotgun and the other Mongoose in this pic.

Thanks for looking,
    Neg.

2. TheUnseenForce

TheUnseenForce Forerunner

Whoah... this map looks pretty cool. Good job on building it in an area of the island that not many people use. It seems like there could be some more aesthetics on the bases, but I haven't played the map so I'm not sure. Have you got any early testing on it? I am interested to see how it does; being an asymmetrical map and all. It looks like it is off to a good start. Keep it up.

3. Negrumir

Negrumir Forerunner

I haven't gotten any tests yet.

It wasn't really designed with an emphasis on the whole "one team vs another" idea. Rather, I aimed more for a free-for-all map. That's why the bases aren't much more than team spawning areas. I may change that later.
    Even though it's aimed at free-for-all I didn't go with dynamic team spawns. Each team has roughly half of the map to spawn in, but you'll never end up spawning at the enemy's base.