Stigmata Beta

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Blaze, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

Stigmata beta version (1sided)

This map was originally supposed to only be me figuring out and getting used to the map editor but in the end I decided to keep it for testing. After a bunch of free for all and team slayer test, I easily realised this was a keeper. Tell me what you think, as soon as I find out how to make other gametypes I will be posting the final version along with the tweaksfrom feed back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download: Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

#1 Blaze, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  2. ManRayX

ManRayX Ancient

It looks really good and I will DL but if your still testing and havent set up gametypes you should post it in the testers guild instead.

MRX

3. LD

LD Ancient

TG is closed until October

Please only comment about the Map guys; Play it, Think about it, Post something. Like in every other thread, every spam post will be deleted and you will get an infraction.
    If you think someone posted spam, don't tell him, but tell us by hitting the report Button ( [​IMG]) in the bottom right corner of the post.

4. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer

I have tested. This is a beta version for other people to test and comment on. If any changes are needed I will make then. For the gametypes, I have yet to figure out how to set them up. I posted a thread about it and havent gotten an answer to why it doesn't work.

5. Grandmas House

Grandmas House Ancient

Based on pictures, the smaller side of the map seems to get a lot less action. Like in the 4th screen down, it seems like that area would be not be traveled by many. I can't tell if there is a power weapon or something like that in the area. Other than that, I really like the last pic. It looks like a unified structure, rather than just parts put together.

6. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer

The sniper is in that area of the map (rockets are close as well) and is actually a very high trafficed part of the map. There really isn't a part of the map that is favored rather than another for the most part. The only real low action area is inside the base in the third picture down because of the closer quarters but its ran through pretty often to use the ramps and such to get to higher grounds safely.

7. Solo

Solo Ancient

Blaze, you haven't posted a map in forever! I suppose you've just been AFK for awhile. Haha. I don't really have much to say, but nice rock arch! :D

8. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

OT...

<.<

>.>

Hehe :p
    Newho, I was waiting for a nice map to be built on the platform above Colosseum.

The map is fairly open and needs to have a bit more cover on ground level, otherwise you are just driving people upwards and to use jetpack and nothing else. I also do not like the look of the large 8 x 8 x 8 (8?) block, it's just used a filler and shows little effort in that area. But I do like the archway of rocks and the forging looks clean :)

Also, please do not release BETA maps "For testing" and then post a newer version of it a week later. I want to see some changes made and next time just wait till the TG can test it :p (It's not that long to wait..)