(Sticky) The Book of Conquest

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Maps' started by Indie Anthias, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

[​IMG]
    Banner by PonyDx​

Welcome to the ultimate resource for a true child of Forge Hub. Conquest is a game created by AZN FTW early on in the life of Forge Hub. The game has developed a rabid following, with an incredible number of maps being created specifically for it. In a nutshell, Conquest is a Territories variant, similar to tug-of-war in reverse. Teams start at opposite ends of a linear path and try to push each other back to claim more territories. Territories don't lock, so it can go back and forth several times in a round. A few standard conventions have been established, but forgers have taken many liberties with the basic formula. The list herein contains all the many ideas of what the game can or should be.

Table of Contents

Conquest Map Submission

The book of Conquest is always being written in. Post here with any maps that aren't yet listed, as well as anything that you feel could be added/removed/updated.

*note* Only Forge Hub posts will be linked (no links to B.net map files).

Amen.

#1 Indie Anthias, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Hopefully you'll be able to add Leapfrog to the "conquest spin-offs" section when I publish. It's the same concept with some tweaks.

Nice collection you've got there, though. Maybe this will encourage some more creative non-foundry conquest maps...

3. Creeping Death

Creeping Death What's a Halo?

WOW!!! This is freakin incredible! Awesome job Pred :0) I know I'll be using this thread a lot.

4. CavScout

CavScout Ancient

This is a great topic. I remember back when AZN FTW posted the cellars and the conquest stuff, but I never really even looked into it. Now looking at it, and this huge collection of maps for it I realising what it actually is. The map on avalanche definitely caught my eye and looks ****ing awesome. It reminds me a bit of the Battlefield games almost. Great post thx!

5. Tex

Tex Ancient

This made me laugh so ****in hard.

*Stickied*

Not that you need it, but ya. =]

6. G043R

G043R Ancient

I am kinda the conquest Freak is it comes... I surprised we haven't seen a conquest map on Snowbound, and narrows...

7. Randal Stevens

Randal Stevens Ancient

There have been Conquest maps on Snowbound. I think Matty or Kapura or someone with a red name made one.

But yeah, that's one hell of a nice post there. And the banners are totally awesome.

8. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

hmmm none on highground...

9. Indie Anthias

Snowbound has been done... but not posted to my knowledge. If anyone finds any, please put them here. I'll keep it updated.

I heard a certain someone was working on a Narrows one....

And no High Ground??? That seems like a no-brainer. Actually the reason I posted all those unnecessary banners was to encourage people to tackle the ones that haven't been tackled yet.

#9 Indie Anthias, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  10. ezekeil20five17

ezekeil20five17 Ancient

thank you for this pred i love conquest its so much fun!!And now i have more maps to play it on!! got a couple of maps that could be added,1 on standoff,which will work very well and 1 on high ground,not to sure about that one they just need a few tweaks and they will be ready to test check out my GoO port for more info if you want to and see what you think

I am surprised that there are so few non dlc maps leave that one with me vallhala should be easy enough to sort and i have always wanted to do something on the pit and isolation

the top banner is outstanding

11. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Although it doesn't surprise me so much, I realize we don't have one on the Pit. Shouldn't it be a no-brainer? It's already perfectly symmetrical, and lots of areas can be blocked off easily.

12. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

It was made and posted by TXGhost back in March called Cabin Fever.

Oooh! Oooh! I think I know who it is! It'll be called Bifrost, so be on the look out for it. It shall rule.

13. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

O M G you used The Waterworks on the banner, that is pure AWESOME right there. Also glad that some one has finally made something to consult about Conquest. Great Job Pred.

14. desert rat 852

desert rat 852 Ancient

Thank You for giving me a reason to forge on Epitaph! Im surprised nobody has done one on Last Resort though.

Cheers!
    Desert Rat 852

15. PonyD

PonyD Ancient

Your Welcome Iron Tusk, Pred provided the Image and I put together what he described to me. Thanks to this Tread Ive become interested in the Conquest style maps. If I can get the Gametype down, Id like to contribute some maps... heck I already have 3 symmetrical maps... Ill work off of that.

Epic Tusk likes this.
  16. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

When I was looking through Salvation, I immediately thought it would make an excellent Conquest map. I'd be happy to lend a hand if needed.

17. desert rat 852

desert rat 852 Ancient

Ive finished a High Ground varient, it takes place in the left side of the base.

Known as Cenith, it is a 5 territory map with a center lined with cones. some interesting aesthetics are abound.

Any body wanna help test?

18. ezekeil20five17

ezekeil20five17 Ancient

hey pred check out a bridge too far {link in the sig} its great for conquest and its on standoff

send me a friend request {with a message if thats not your gt}my gt is the same and i will help test sounds good

19. Indie Anthias

Alright, got yours up, Ezekiel. And I must say it looks mighty fine.

Desert Rat, can't wait to see what you've come up with for HG. Man, I love HG but it never gets any good forge attention.

Pony, thanks again for the banner, and I'm looking forward to what you come up with as far as furthering the cause.

I'm sorry to say that I can't check out these fine creations as I can't get on XBL, and the outlook doesn't look good for quite a while on that. Blame the weather.

Thanks for the support, everyone.

20. ezekeil20five17

ezekeil20five17 Ancient

Thanks pred

BTF is a good map,as are all these.

My next map is also on high ground and should be good but i'm not sure how conquest will play on it i will test though because when conquest works its the best thing ever

Desert rat,let me know when your map is ready it sounds good if you need help testing/feedback pm me.I also love high ground and there are to few good maps on it

Pony that banner is amazing.First rate work