4-8 Players (Sticky) The Ark

Discussion in 'Halo 4 Archive' started by The Fated Fire, Jul 13, 2013.

1. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

Maybe we need an off topic thread about 'Meta', so we can dissect it without derailing any map threads? lol. Or, you can discuss it in-depth in WAYWO if you want.
    As for this thread, it would be great if we could get it back on the topic of The Ark. :)

2. Juanez Sanchez

Juanez Sanchez Ancient

Oh so Meta is that thing made out of extraction cylinders then?

p.s. sorry chunk, need to know

3. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

it's OK, the Ark is the embodiment of meta itself.

sorry, couldn't help myself. Also congrats @ fated for this getting tested by Ghost for TTD.

4. The Fated Fire

The Fated Fire Promethean
    Cartographer Forge Critic

Meta stems from the term meta-game. The definition of meta-game varies from person to person. As I understand it, meta-game is the potential for the use of map geometry, lines of sight, weapons and strategies on a map to evolve over time. Forgers will often argue that one map is better than another based on its meta-game. Many forgers will also argue that on maps like Midship and Sanctuary, the meta-game has been exhausted and therefore no more potential for evolution.

Now with the Ark, I have physically put symbols for meta on the map. So no one can argue that a map has more meta-game than the Ark, because the Ark has meta on it - literally ;). As Spin said, the Ark is the embodiment of meta itself.

The M's on the Ark also reference the Halo Universe as well. For those knowledgeable of Halo lore, you will recall that the Forerunners created Metarch level ancillas, or A.I., that were given immense power and responsibility, including the defense and preservation of the Forerunner empire.

M = Metarch

Metarch -> Meta -> Arc -> The Ark

Mind = Blown

@Spin, thanks.

#44 The Fated Fire, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    Zandril likes this.
  5. ACID REFLEX

ACID REFLEX Promethean

Great 2v2 stuff, I just hate Dynamic spawns for 4s. Other than that amazing job and great aesthetics!

6. The Fated Fire

Thanks man. Do you hate the 4v4 dynamic spawns on Ark specifically? Or do you just hate dynamic spawn systems in general? The Ark is a flanking style of map design, and that feeling that an enemy player spawned behind you is usually not the case. In reality that enemy flanked your position and quickly took advantage.

7. The Fated Fire

Thanks for the feature Mr. Pokephile. It is my error that the version of Ark featured is not current as I was updating the map so frequently for an extended period of time. I will be releasing the final version of the map along with new screen caps and gameplay sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.

"v5 Ark TEST" is in my fileshare now for those interested in grabbing and testing the potential Team Throwdown variant.

8. DebonairHalo

DebonairHalo Promethean

I'd like to see this map on matchmaking because of its original design.

9. Xandrith

Xandrith Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I have never payed on it. Haha, i would love too though. If your ever on at the same time as me hmu, cause ive been away from forging for a while.