(Sticky) MLG Standards and Posting Rules

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by Shock Theta, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Welcome to the MLG sub-forum of Forge Hub!

Due to the popularity of MLG maps amongst the community, we have decided to separate these creations from the rest of the maps in the Competitive section.

However, this distinction comes with a polite reminder that MLG maps must adhere to certain standards in order to have a place in this board. Maps that do not meet these requirements may be moved back to the competitive section.

We won't leave you in the dark though. Below you'll find a series of guides to help you design and build your maps to MLG standards.

Having said that, the vast majority of MLG maps have been moved over to this new board to speed the transition and down time for those involved. In the future these maps will be open to review and may be moved back to the competitive maps board.

The rules that we are currently using to define a map as being non-MLG and thus not having a place in the MLG board are any of the below:

• Map includes Equipment.
    • Map includes Vehicles.
    • Map includes non-standard MLG weapons. Exceptions apply in cases of good reasoning with plasma rifles, magnums and the like. A flamethrower... your map's getting kicked out.
    If you see any map that is not up to standard, simply report it and it will be reviewed and moved as appropriate.

[​IMG]

2. InnerSandman13

InnerSandman13 Ancient

a smart move by forgehub....I hate the fact that people seem to think only MLG is competitive but now thanks to this there won't be any more MLG maps in the competitive maps section.

3. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs

Shock! Pegasi and I were suppose to write this and compose it. Oh well. Nice work any-how. Im glad we finally got this running.

4. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Whilst I never turn down an opportunity to write, I think this thread has things pretty covered as it is, and I'm definitely not gonna complain to shock for taking care of things. I'm still up for helping with this thread/section if needed though, as I'm sure B100D is.

5. Kon Artist

Kon Artist Ancient

you guys, all do a great job with writing articals and reviews. I have been very impressed with how well FH is put together. Also, the time others take to look at other peoples maps, play them, and give feedback. I really didn't mind the old system, with the MLG prefix search option. Anyways, this is a nice update. Now that I know, I thought for a minute all the MLG maps were deleted.lol.

6. Dthen

Dthen Ancient

Well written post, and I'm loving this sub forum.
    I personally HATE MLG so I thank you for getting rid of these annoying maps from under my nose. :)

7. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub

Thank you Sir. We're hoping to foster more respect for Forge Hub as a resource for MLG maps in this board and as a place to discuss their design in the MLG discussion board. There's a lack of communication and a certain waste of talent between our [forging] groups, and that needs to be addressed.

8. nickseeknconker

nickseeknconker Ancient
    Banned

dud ei luv the fact that now people have to actually do this with weapon cuz b4 kids were puttin maps on the forums sayin mklg but had equipment thxz

9. sangheili dude

sangheili dude Ancient

at least now it has its own catagory

10. TheRagingBeast

TheRagingBeast Ancient

very good guide. however magnums are also mlg, check out Zenith or Empirical by Baron. and you should probably post something about not using movable objects unless they are held down, not using fusin coils, propane tanks or other forge objects like pallets, and finally mlg maps are not aesthetics! they need to play good and have call outs, its a must.-just a post for the newbies

11. LIGHTSOUT225

the pit has movable objects

12. TheRagingBeast

TheRagingBeast Ancient

yessums , like crates, but they never move

13. Billy Reloaded

Billy Reloaded Ancient

14. mrgregsux

mrgregsux Ancient

Thanks for the tips, I'll use them wisely.

15. Implode

Implode Ancient

Thank you for letting others know about the 'MLG STANDARDS'.

16. Stratigon13

Stratigon13 Ancient

What if we want to post an mlg and normal version of a map. I don't want a double post i just think my map would work well mlg and not mlg.

17. Redl3aron

Redl3aron Ancient

Another rule you should add is that thread maker can't have MLG in the map name or forum name. Mainly because thats stating that it's an official MLG map like Onslaught and Amplified are. Which may confuse players thinking it's been made official by MLG and has been added to their rotation of maps/gametypes. but it's just another MLG "styled" map.

Edit: Also I don't see a reason to put "MLG" in the thread title when it's going to be in the MLG Maps forum section.

18. Ryan. K.

Ryan. K. Ancient

Great guide, I love it!
    It's great for those who don't know the standarts of MLG, and are there any rules of Scenery?

19. CJDUB18

CJDUB18 Ancient

Timmy!!!!

20. n1n3CAL

n1n3CAL Ancient

I find it ironic I read the comments on this thread after I post my first MLG (styled) map