(Sticky) How to Post Screenshots

Discussion in 'Reach Maps & Gametypes' started by Spawn of Saltine, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Equin0x

Equin0x Forerunner

Does anyone know a thread on how to post a video?

2. Ice Pinata

Ice Pinata Forerunner

How do I get pics off of my fileshare though?
    Do I just click "view in high resolution" while on my computer and then save it?

3. Spawn of Saltine

Yes this will work. After you save it to your computer you can upload it to an image hosting site.

4. Equin0x

Equin0x Forerunner

umm, I go to the additional options section, and the manage attachement button isnt there. Any ideas?

5. Minister Muffin

Minister Muffin Forerunner

I'm on the step with the managing attachment button and it also isn't there. Is there some other way to post other screenshots without going to Image shack or Photo bucket?

#45 Minister Muffin, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  6. Spawn of Saltine

They are all free and besides, Imageshack doesn't require you to create an account. Also, I clearly stated that the Forgehub attachment option is more difficult than the others. The button is there, though. I don't see why no one notices it..

7. Lazy Catz

Lazy Catz Forerunner

Thank You for making this thread! It was really helpful for my first post. Do you mind checking it out? It's called The Frigate

8. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

Here's one for photobucket:

Why, hello there! I see that your post is lacking pictures. Here at Forgehub.com, we require that each map post have some visual representation. This can be in either a video on youtube or another type of hosting sites (Which you can find more information on Here) or, more commonly, with the inclusion of pictures. Thanks to bungie's in-game screen shot system and the bungie.net syncing system, you can do this relatively easily.

What will you need:
    • Xbox Live Gold Account
    • Photobucket, or other image hosting abilities/account
    • Access to a computer....which if your reading this shouldn't be too hard...

How to Get Pictures:

1. The first thing you need to do is create your map and play a game on it. Pretty simple...
    2. When your finished, head into theater mode and take the pictures as you normally would.
    3. Now that is where, the computer maneuvering begins. Now head over to Bungie.net, and search your Gamertag in the search bar.

[​IMG]

4. The next step is to go to your recent screen shots on the left hand side of your personal service card.

[​IMG]

5. Here will be a list of all of the screenshots that you have taken of your map, sometimes it takes a while for the site to upload your screenshots, so please be patient. From here, select the "Download Hi-Res" button. Save it somewhere you can find, such as your desktop. Do this for all your pictures.

[​IMG]

6. Now head over to you Image hosting site, the simplest to use here would be Photobucket.com. Once there, sign in or sign up if necessary. Then click the “Upload now” button.

[​IMG]

7. Once you do this, click the “Select photos and videos” button and upload your picture(s).

[​IMG]

8. Then come on over to your album by clicking the “My albums” button at the top of the page.

[​IMG]

9. Next find the photo(s) you uploaded and copy the IMG code.

[​IMG]

10. Come over to you post and paste the code where you wish the picture to appear.

[​IMG]

11. Viola, you have successfully added pictures to your post. Congratulations! Now you may see the yellow bar on the top of your picture, this is the image resizer, making sure your picture fits on the page. You can leave it or edit you picture to fit the page, whatever floats your boat!

[​IMG]

9. Spawn of Saltine

Added. Some people prefer photobucket over rivaling sites so..why not?

10. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

i actually think that photobucket is the easiest and most widely used by members here so yeah lol.

11. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Forerunner

Do I U/L to FS, or not?

12. Veovis

Veovis Ancient

I still can't figure out how to get a thumbnail up. What is this...direct link? And how do I acquire it?

13. HaloLegend

HaloLegend Forerunner

14. MEGA HYPERION

MEGA HYPERION Forerunner

thanks for the help i need to post pictures

15. GsRREAPERxFS

GsRREAPERxFS Forerunner

16. ZombieGuineaPig

ZombieGuineaPig Forerunner

I have an easier way to post pictures!

Step 1: Take your screenshot while playing Halo: Reach (Or whatever Halo you are playing)
    Step 2: Go to your recent screenshots on Bungie.net (You don't even need to sign in) and right click the screenshot of your choice. You will be given a few options, select Copy Image URL.
    Step 3: Come to this site and click the insert image button when you are creating a thread (or posting a reply) and press Control V.

Example (Picture of my armor from my profile on Bungie):
    [​IMG]

Benefits of my method:
    No image re-sized tag at the bottom of the picture.
    Images are perfect size for posting.
    Images are in their original state.
    Its faster.

#56 ZombieGuineaPig, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  17. NobleForger

NobleForger Forerunner

Thanks this is very helpful

[​IMG]

#57 NobleForger, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  18. Tutui99

Tutui99 Forerunner

SO... you cant just copy-paste the image?

19. Hydrolysis

Hydrolysis Forerunner

Can we not simply use the images from our fileshare on Bungie.net? I've used it in the past and it's worked out fine!

20. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

Only for you does it work out fine. Everyone else sees an error message.