(Sticky) Halo CE/Halo 2 Remake Database

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Maps' started by voodoo, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

Not necessarily.

-Donuts

2. Ufochaser42

Ufochaser42 Ancient

Actually, according to voodoo, this thread is only for remakes using the Foundry map. Check out the first post, and some of his early replies to people's maps. However, i think that this stipulation should be removed, and remakes using any map should be included, as long as they are good enough. Ive seen maps where people took Last Resort and turned it back into Zanzibar. Ive also seen Coagulation remade on Valhalla. I think if these can capture the feel of the remade-map's gameplay, then they should be included.

3. SRussellS

SRussellS Ancient

one of my remakes will be finished eventually...

4. voodoo

voodoo Ancient

The reason it is just for foundry is because of people turning last Resort back into Zanzibar. Pretty much all of them will be the same. Plus I find it hard to think that someone can turn another map that isnt foundry into a remake, but I will check them out.

And the reason I haven't added Shock Theta's Foundation is because I just finished my own, and I don't want to make the wrong choice about which is better. If someone has played both please tell me which you feel is better. I will play on both today with some friends to see which one they like more.

5. Ufochaser42

Ufochaser42 Ancient

I see your point. Maybe you could just which Resort/Zanzibar map is the best and then close it out for further submissions.

As for which Foundation is better... i think its a very close race, but Shock's wins by a nose.

I have another suggestion, but i'll PM it to you.

6. Coyote032

Coyote032 Ancient

I have my own Rat Race map to add soon. I think it looks more accurate than the one here, but that's up to you guys to say. But only after its posted. =D

7. voodoo

voodoo Ancient

has anyone played Sidewinder DE, and is it better than the one I have?

and I updated the Foundation.

8. Ufochaser42

Ufochaser42 Ancient

I played Sidewinder DE when i saw it posted here. I recommend keeping the current one. Its not that there is anything wrong with Sidewinder DE, its just that no matter how had you try, you are not going to get a good remake of Sidewinder on Foundry. He did somethings differently; some better, some worse... but in the end, i don't feel it is any truer to the original than what you already have. (and i still say mine has the best bases :squirrel_wink:)

9. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Ancient

Might want to go back and play Sidewinder again then, mine has the same set up as the original. playing non-moving hill on sidewinder just isn't the same without that central hill in the middle top section.

10. Ufochaser42

Ufochaser42 Ancient

No, i will not play Sidewinder again for your benefit. I played it plenty on both XBox and PC. I also loaded it up recently to draw it's layout, features, and weapons placement when i made my own remake.

Kudos for getting the central hill correct, but that alone does not allow you to say it "has the same set up as the original". While the bases seem vaguely similar from the outside (more so than the other map, but not more than mine) Once you get inside the base, you have to go through the hallways behind the base to get to the sniper and teleporter. This is hardly similar to the original and is not, in my opinion, a better solution than either of the maps already listed. The added Halo 3 weapons are ok, but i'd rather see a Sidewinder remake with Halo 1 accurate weapons.

Look, i'm not saying your map is bad. Far from it! It's a great job. I just don't feel that it is significantly better than the ones already posted. And i'm not just saying that because one of the maps listed is mine. I've stated before on this thread that i'm happy if a better version comes along and boots any of mine off the list. In fact, i recommended Heavy Metal to post his Warlock here, knowing full well that it would kick mine off. And it deserves it. He really took the Warlock remakes to the next level. You may remember, i am the only person to comment on your Bungie thread (2 weeks ago). And i stated then my unhappiness for both mine and other remakes. I've come to accept that it is just not possible to get a true, accurate remake in Foundry. If miraculously one comes along, i will be the first to sing its praises.

Besides, i have high hopes that Bungie will be releasing a proper Sidewinder remake in the next DLC, making this all a moot discussion. Peace.

11. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Ancient

I actually debated using that side area at all, technically you're right that the top of the base should contain the shotgun, sniper and the teleporter, but seemed like wasted space. I might try extending the base out slightly to put the teleporter on top of the base so its a little more accurate.
    I like the Halo 3 weapons in it, and the sword in the top middle, but I think I'll make a version with accurate weapons in it. Only problem is that the pistol isn't the same weapon anymore, needs some battle rifles to make it more friendly to ranged combat.

12. bcx87

bcx87 Ancient

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=16759621

This is a warlock remake called Prospero. Its very good, but no one will download it because there are so many others. The one person that downloaded it gave it 5/5. Please just give it a shot and I promise you won't be disappointed!

13. DaCeased807

DaCeased807 Ancient

14. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

DaCeased looks like one of the better Lockout's I have seen. I also like your website, really make it look clean.

15. voodoo

voodoo Ancient

I switched up the Outskirts.

16. Xyrx3z

Xyrx3z Ancient

This map is cool I was looking for a warlock remake

17. voodoo

voodoo Ancient

I updated Turf

18. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

I am really surprised there hasn't been more remakes after the interlocking technique was released. I really expected to see Midship redone with Unlimited Money and interlocking to mimic the circular look.

19. HeavyMetal84

HeavyMetal84 Ancient

I might give Midship a shot. I'm probably gonna start my next remake next week but I haven't decided what map to remake yet. It'll probably be either Midship, Elongation, Derelict, Prisoner, or Sanctuary. Which one you guys wanna see?

20. Ufochaser42

Ufochaser42 Ancient

I will list them in order that i would like to see them made, from first to last.

1. Derelict - First only because i have not seen a single decent remake of this.
    2. Prisoner- 2nd because there have been other remakes. But they could be better.
    3. Midship - There have been good remakes, but interlocking would make it perfect.
    4. Sanctuary - Too hard to make accurate enough with the size limitation of Foundry.
    5. Elongation - Listed remakes are close enough, unless you can make moving boxes.