(Sticky) All Classic Maps Remade in Halo 4

Discussion in 'Halo 4 Archive' started by Gronfors, Jan 23, 2013.

1. darkprince909

darkprince909 Talented
    Creative Force

You missed my Turf remake for the list...

2. nillapuddin626

nillapuddin626 Forerunner

All of my present Halo 4 remakes can be found in my signature below, all have Forgehub threads of their own. I would like it if you would add them please.

Also, cross check with this link to see if there are any others you might have missed, or maybe suggest some for our list.

3. RegardlessDolan

RegardlessDolan Promethean

If you wouldn't mind changing the gamertag for my Foundation remake, "Stratum" to my fileshare rather than Jed05's I'd appreciate it. I'm still actively updating it. Trying to keep people from getting outdated versions.

Also, I have a remake of Halo 2's Warlock (Warlord) in my fileshare as well.

4. unrivaled20

unrivaled20 Promethean

here are the the remade maps that are equal to or better then the ones you list

Here are the stages that you should update or at least list because they are equal to or better then the ones you've listed

H1- hang em high- abstyler- i think this is about equal to textbook stoners

H2 Burial mounds- Awthehumanity- Because it looks more like burial mounds texture wise
    Foundation-PTWOB- because the sword area is the best of all the foundation remakes
    Foundry-Kazeroid- because it has less frame rate issue when actually playing slayer
    Colossus- Mo licious- it had a better feel to me
    ascension- Captstfu- It was made on a different environment and is about equal
    Avalanche- Digital limit- haven't seen yours but his is pretty good
    Elongation- Tallt66- Since it had a great feel to it
    Lockout- Ash55, a large basket, Both of these are much better then shutout and possibly the other one posted as i have not seen it
    Sanctuary- Hadjek du 25- this may be similar to the one you already posted
    Turf- Darkprince and nilla puddings are both better then icanopys

H3
    guardian -Thuum- because the jumps are better in his version
    the Pit- Xsjados,lll cujo lll and debehrs pit remakes are all far better then salots
    Construct- Unrivaled20's file share edited version of challengxr's construct

I might be missing a few but these should probably be listed

Also you should probably remove jed05 name from the fileshare downloads because the original creators might be updating there creation while he will not. I would keep his for the zanzibar one though because he did have the sense to edit out the juicy texture which should never be used

5. Gronfors

Gronfors Promethean

Everybody's additions have been added, unrivaled, I will go through all of yours in the morning with my xbox to confirm the fileshares and names.

As far as linking to Jed05's Fileshare, that is simply because it is where I found them. If the original author does in fact keep an updated version on their own fileshare, or would just like it linked to themselves, I will happily switch it. I personally do not have the time to try and find the original copies of ever map.

Unless voiced by a large amount of people otherwise, I would prefer to keep "reimaginings" off the list unless there is no alternative - in the case of the avalanche remake. I see the goal of this list is to be a source of true remakes, or as close as possible. While "reimaginings" often can be quite superior in many regards, I personally feel that they stray away from what I'm trying to accomplish with this post.

I am very reasonable though and will happily oblige if it is so desired by the majority.

Also, please, nobody take offense for me not including your remake. I spent an hour searching and I put what I found. Yours will be added if you so desire. (Again, I will most likely be keeping top 3's of maps with lots of remakes.)

Thanks everyone for all the maps!

6. UneeQ

UneeQ Promethean

7. AussieForger

AussieForger Promethean

8. Gronfors

Gronfors Promethean

H1- hang em high- abstyler- Added
    H2 Burial mounds- Awthehumanity- Added
    Foundation-PTWOB- Added
    Foundry-Kazeroid- Added
    Colossus- Mo licious- Can't find
    ascension- Captstfu- Can't find
    Avalanche- Digital limit- Reimagining, not remake
    Elongation- Tallt66- Added
    Lockout- Ash55, a large basket, Both Added
    Sanctuary- Hadjek du 25- Added
    Turf- Darkprince and nilla puddings Both added

H3
    guardian -Thuum- Added
    the Pit- Xsjados added, couldn't find other two.
    Construct- challengxr, added

9. BoBwUzHeRe1138

BoBwUzHeRe1138 Promethean

Anyone planning on remaking these maps?

• Blood Gulch/Coagulation (somehow....)
    • Beaver/Battle Creek
    • Relic (somehow...)
    • Terminal
    • Assembly
    • Isolation
    • Standoff
    • Anchor 9
    • Condemned
    • Headlong/Breakneck

I'm just curious as NO ONE has really attempted any of those maps most likely due to Halo 4's limited forging space when compared to Reach's but those maps were really good and I'm just wondering if anyone was planning on it...

10. Given To Fly

Given To Fly MP Level Designer
    343 Industries

Yessir, thanks! I will actiually be posting the map very soon, I'm just updating it one lasttime.

11. Gronfors

Gronfors Promethean

I got Standoff going! Just gotta make red base...

And if you go down into the open area of Impact, there's a ton of room there (enough to build avalanche! And utilizing Impact's map specific pieces (corridor, UNSC 2, Silo 3) You can cover a lot of area... Possibly enough for Bloodgulch...
    I think ill be attempting Blood Gulch or Headlong next

12. unrivaled20

unrivaled20 Promethean

I am actually half way into relic however, i am tring to finish my other maps before the file share search becomes available and don't know when i will find time to finish it.

I am going to overhaul my gemini this week and move some object around on my beaver creek

#32 unrivaled20, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  13. Teancum

Teancum Promethean

Assembly -- probably the best Halo 3 DLC map. I might give it a try, yet re-flavor it. Maybe go 'grassy' on Ravine - drop the Covy theme.

14. Jed05

Jed05 Promethean

You have Ascension listed in Reach for Forge World, when really its a remake, as far as I know?

Also, you can add...

Mirrored: Remake of Reflection from Reach (which is Ivory Tower from Halo 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2hzdD8VQPE

Jed05 | Mirrored | Cof1 Crunk D

Thank you for this list! It will definately help my YouTube channel! Also, it should be noted I'm at the point that I'll have to start cycling maps because I've hit the fileshare limit. That or use another gamertag...we shall see.

15. Gronfors

Gronfors Promethean

I have ascension listed because some people may not know the map from Halo 2 and have only played it and know it from reach.

Ill add in Mirrored.

And I also found a Halo CE PC Gephyrophobia remake using the file share browser - woohoo! Ill add them both to the list now

Edit: Oh, also Jed, let me know if you plan to take any down that are linked to you!

#35 Gronfors, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  16. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Hey Gronfors. I was wondering if you could add my Penance Remake. It's in my File Share, named Atonement. My gamertag is PA1NTS

17. CK CUJO

CK CUJO Ancient

I'd be appreciative if you added my 'Pit' remake to the mix called H3 PITfall. You can find my page here. Thank you.

18. Teancum

Teancum Promethean

Can't remember the author, but I found Sword Base under the name "Oni Space Base" in the in-game file share. I'll try to get the info for it soon. It's... decent.

19. III Specia1 K III

III Specia1 K III Promethean

Standoff?! Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing that remade, as well as Relic.

How long do you think it may be before Standoff is ready for playtesting?

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Just curious, is Relic being made completely out of forge pieces, or is there going to be some natural terrain?

#39 III Specia1 K III, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  20. pocc

pocc Promethean

there is actually a better Sanctuary and I dont know why you did not included it, the author is TymeLapse. It is done on impact.