Steam Help (beacuse basic Internet searching blows)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CaptnSTFU, Feb 2, 2013.

1. CaptnSTFU

CaptnSTFU Ancient

Hey guys whats up, well i kinda have a predicament here and i think gaming discussion is where people who use Steam etc will look so here we go.

Alright so i finally bought Skyrim PC so i can go back to the old school and start modding a game like i did h2 vista etc, I have downloaded re loaded skyrim at least 5 times now and Steam will not let me play it.

I do have ample enough Radon Graphics card with appropriate ram and the windows 7 op system as well as steam being an allowed app through all my firewalls. Iv cleared cahce un install and re installed steam done this omg don't know how many times but i can no play skyrim, steam says oh its cool game ready but after the splash screen when i hit play nada, keep in mind my room mate has the exact same computer with a little bit better processing power (both from Gateway) and his works fine and dandy.

I really do not know what to do.

Oh now when i validate files for skyrim it says "1 files failded to validate and will be reacquired" but yet it doesn't tell me what file.

If anyone has ideas please post them here i paid 60 bucks for steam to be apparently bum raping me.

2. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

Uninstall and wipe the games data from your system, then re-install the game via steam.

If that fails, contact steam customer support directly.

Game data should be under: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common on a 64 bit Win7 system.

3. CaptnSTFU

CaptnSTFU Ancient

ya did that alot, after removing that TESV.exe file that everyone and there mom said i need to do it just says Steam failed to start game (app already running) yet its not running, idk i think im going to just wipe my whole pc it needs to be done anyway damn siblings get this thing running slow.

4. Matty

Matty Ancient

try this, your issue sounds similar and this worked for me the first time.

also i've been working on a mod

5. CaptnSTFU

CaptnSTFU Ancient

Ya i tried that and still nothing, just says "app is already running" even if i logout of steam, reboot, etc.

Im going to try re installing everything again with the changed audio features and see if that will fix it.

Oh btw nice mod man i know that location well (at least i think i do unless you made a new separate location using the pieces from Sky Haven Temple (outside) and that one all outside barrow inbetween Markarth and Falkreath. Like to download and take a look around (if i can get my game to freaking run)

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Ok so i got it to load but now have no audio lol

#5 CaptnSTFU, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013