Starwars Battlefront

Discussion in 'Reach Gametypes' started by Veritosss, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Veritosss

Veritosss Forerunner

So I am creating several gametypes centered around using Starwars Battlefront class types and using primarily plasma weapons. Been playtesting for a bit, but I enjoy reading the input of the mature posters on these boards.

Battlefront 2 really stood out to me as a game that did well on class warfare, plus the game was really great.

Below I've listed the main classes from Starwars Battlefront 2 and the Class I've chosen to represent them in Reach.

Regular Trooper = Sentry

Primary: Plasma Repeater
    Secondary: Needler
    Grenades: 1 frag
    AA: Evade

Heavy Trooper = Demolitions

Primary: Fuel Rod
    Secondary: Plasma Pistol
    Grenades: 2 Plasma
    AA: Sprint

Engineer = Medic

Primary: Shotgun
    Secondary: Spiker
    Grenades: 4 plasma
    AA: Drop Shield

Sniper = Marksman

Primary: Focus Rifle
    Secondary: None
    AA: Sprint

Officer = Operator

Primary: Grenade Launcher
    Secondary: Plasma Rifle
    Grenades: 2 Plasma
    AA: Jetpack

The officers for each army on Battlefront2 were different. The CIS droids had the Magna guard which had a RPG launcher, sort of like 6 clip weak version of a rocket launcher. The Clones had the commander, which had a chaingun. The rebels had the Bothan spy, which had a flame thrower, and the Empire had the Officer, which had a grenade launcher. So I combined all the officers into one, including abilities from some of the special classes, like the dark trooper and the jet trooper which had jetpacks. 3 special classes had grenade launchers, or better versions of their regular trooper's blaster rifle, so I gave the operator class a grenade launcher and a plasma rifle. 2 stickies for anti vehicle, and there you have it

Thoughts?

Also, I plan on making maps specific to the gametype today, I'll post them when I can. The game works well when played with territories, and with covenant vehicles. I've also noted the rocket hog works well with this gametype.

I've also made a gametype for space combat. Each team has 4 banshess and a falcon. There are two classes:

Pilot = Saboteur

Primary: Plasma Pistol
    Secondary: None
    Grenades: 4 each
    AA: Drop Shield

Marine = Guard

Primary: Fuel Rod
    Secondary: Plasma Repeater
    AA: Evade

#1 Veritosss, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

Should be in forge discussion, also post reserve fail :p

I would like to see this combined with the conquest gametype, that would be so ****ING EPIC!1!!!!11!1!!! ;p But cereal.. I think the different classes and the conquest style gameplay would work well, seeing as though conquest was spawned from the ashes of BFBC2..

Have a talk with noxiw..

3. Veritosss

Veritosss Forerunner

Right, as I said, I'm making maps as we speak. This is just the basic game.

4. p0rtugalVII

p0rtugalVII Ancient

Maybe do SvE slayer/Conquest? so it can be more of a difference between the two sides.
    What are the damage modifiers? You should also, on the maps you make, at the spawns, every xxx seconds, have a custom powerup and energy sword spawn for the Jedi/Sith.

5. Cyphruss

Cyphruss Forerunner

Great Idea

Veritosss, I love the idea. It seems Reach allows a lot of customization in terms of game types. I haven't played SWBF in a while but what are you thinking for run speed, health/damage modifiers, things like that?

6. turtlebutt

turtlebutt Forerunner

this is not battlefront at all

7. V0L7Z

V0L7Z Forerunner

Umm... It sounds great, but one suggestion (not counting run speed and damage modifiers but somebody beat me to that :p) for the basic soldier class, I suggest using a needle rifle and a plasma pistol. The needle rifle is a semi-auto rifle, like the blaster rifle (which was not full auto) and the plasma pistol simulates the blaster pistol. Also, give a secondary to the sniper; focus rifle is great but doesn't do as much health damage, and battery power diminishes quickly, so surviving as a sniper will leave you defenseless after time. However that depends on whether you have weapon pickups on or off. Just my two cents. :) Hope to see a territories variant of it later, simulate conquest off of SWBF2! Hope ya don't mind my advice!

8. stckcrsh

stckcrsh Forerunner

I started space battle map

]I recently started a battlefront space battle map with space ships (that dont look very good) four banshees and 2 falcons in each the ships also have shield doors so you can't shoot in and must fly in and land the game type i was going for was assault where you would have to fly the bomb over from one base to the other.

problems i had are again the aesthetics which probably need to look better
    the spawns are aweful i still can't get how spawn points work.

here is the link
    BattleFront