Starting Spawns

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by ScionOfDeth, Apr 5, 2008.

1. ScionOfDeth

ScionOfDeth Ancient

Hey, I'm actually new to this forum (and Halo 3 Live), I just got a 360 about a week ago and I've been having a blast with the forge options. In fact, I've already finished several maps and even one with some very fun effects (a bit like the Barrels O' Fun scenario, 'cept a different layout/design and fusion coils instead of barrels). Anyways, I'm having one major problem.

I cant figure out how to set up the starting spawn points?! I even looked at the thread in Forging 101 (twice) but I just can't seem to figure it out. In the forge, I can't place any item called "Starting Spawn" and when I edit them I don't see anywhere to mention whether it's a starting spawn or otherwise. Since my map on Foundry has most of the back side sealed off, it's bad for players to spawn back there, so I need to get to the bottom of this to make my map work properly.

Thanks ahead of time for any advice, and by the way great site! You guys produce sweet maps.

2. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

You have to change the game type to a specific type. (say slayer)
    Press start scroll down to change game type and select wich game type you want.
    It should restart the round and in your forge items list you should have start points and any other game type specific items.
    Flag spawns and capture points for capture the flag.
    Hill markers for king of the hill.
    Bomb spawn and plants for assault
    ect. ect.

3. ScionOfDeth

ScionOfDeth Ancient

Ahh I see, I think that's where I got confused as this wasn't explained in the other post. Thanks Waylander :)