Star Destroyer

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by SargeantSarcasm, Jan 22, 2010.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

10.6%
  2. Okay

7.4%
  3. Average

7.4%
  4. Good

28.7%
  5. Great

45.7%
  1. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

Star Destroyer
    Created by: DIEabolical

Recommended Players: 4-8
    Recommended Gametypes: Team Slayer, One Bomb, One Hill, Infection

Long ago, in a basement far from here, I realized that I was missing three fundamental things in my life that only Star Wars could provide: a burning sword that can cut through anything, a sweet, cuddly, little warrior teddy bear that can kill you with cuteness and quick stabs to the shins, and a giant magic 8 ball whose only prediction is the complete and utter annihilation of entire planets. Then I met Halo 3, and since this is a misleading sentence, it did not give me any of those three things. But one man did, sort of, possibly, well, not really, but he tried, and that’s all that matters! His name is, actually, his name isn’t important, LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIP.

It’s even open on the inside so you can pretend that your spartan is a real stormtrooper ready to take over the galaxy in the awe-inspiring Imperial Armada. Of course I like to stand on top and imagine myself shooting down the rebellion scum with my mind...or the Force or something, but that's just me. I mean, look at those interlocks, it’s smoother than a Tauntaun’s insides. If didn’t catch that reference, you should watch more Star Wars, if you caught that reference, you should watch more Star Wars, if you caught that reference and laughed, you should probably stop watching Star Wars. So who is this mighty man that decided to forge a death machine with such absolute precision? Some call him "master, others, "DIEabolical", I just call him "awesome."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download Star Destroyer

Original FH Thread

If you have any thoughts on this article, or the front page in general, that you would like to share with us then we invite you to post your opinions in the Front Page Feedback thread.

#1 SargeantSarcasm, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
  2. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

Hey! You're aren't a journalist :p.

Um, good (?) ... write up. Look sicks. Great job.

EDIT: Just realized it' snot an aesthetic map. So I'd like to try out some infection (?) on this. It'll be interesting to see how a ship plays. Hit me up, guys.

#2 What's A Scope?, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  3. twisted gaming1111

one word ...... awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

4. Decadence Night

Decadence Night Ancient

The nerdiness is strong with this one.

5. suriname2

suriname2 Ancient

Hilarious write up, and congratulations on the feature DIEabolical!

6. Agamer

Agamer Ancient

Thanks for making a map write up that I actually read word for word for once Sarge.

Congrats on the feature DIEabolical!

7. Flameblad3

Flameblad3 Ancient

I completely agree. This map will get all my nerdy friends to start playing Halo.

Congrats on the feature, DIEabolical!

PS: this map is pretty old.

8. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

This map was made a long long time ago in a home with a xbox and halo 3, i loved this map so dam much it made me cry the first time i saw it. I was like jaw drops on floor.

This map is very much in the features, but it still took 6 months or so to get it featured.

anyway congrats DIEabolical

9. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

sarge, doing front pages again? didn't that totally fail last time?
    anyway, remember seeing this a looong time back, im up for some games on it, if anyone wants.

10. Shenanigans.nom

Shenanigans.nom Ancient

I forge related orgasm. I did think it was possible until now?

But no this still looks great and nice feature...took long enough

11. arrrghSAM

arrrghSAM Ancient

Congrats on the Feature, Diabolical, a truly brilliant map.
    Good to see one of the guys from Forge Union getting a Feature over here! :p

12. IILilNinjiII

IILilNinjiII Ancient

OMG this is epic, i didnt think you could go inside it. Great asthetic map 9/10. I love the little laser, it looks EPIC.

-Ninji

13. mike 286

mike 286 Ancient

Played a game of this, sucked for every recommended gametype. Very cramped, too easy to score in one bomb, in infection people kept on jumping off when they were sorrounded, and nobody else wanted to play any other gmetypes after that.

It's prety clever but realy the only thing you could even appreciate were aesthetics on the outside but they even were mediocre compared to some of the other aesthetics maps that could havve been featured.

#13 mike 286, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  14. Decadence Night

Decadence Night Ancient

your opinion on gameplay is absolutely valid if that's how it worked out when you played it. I just don't think you appreciate that it's a ****ING STAR DESTROYER! lol. This is a site with a majority of nerds, and in the nerd's eye, this definitely deserves a feature.

15. Rorak Kuroda

Rorak Kuroda Up All Night
    Forge Critic Senior Member

That's the truest statement I've heard in a very long time.

Anyways, I personally love the feature. It was definantly unexpected, but not undeserving. Fantastic job, DIEabolical.

16. Knight Kninja

Knight Kninja Ancient

normally, i ignore map features as i don't do customs much.. but i HAD to see this. it was designed perfectly!

quite beautiful, great job die

17. LinkinPork

LinkinPork Forerunner

May the Forge be with you... nice job i love this asthetic map! (i <3 Star Wars!)

18. Ac3Snip3r

Ac3Snip3r Ancient

Personally, I don't like the gameplay especially for infection and I have to take that into account because this is a casual map.

But aesthetically, I love this map. I could see a few places where this star destroyer could use some improvement, but that's just me being picky. I used to be a star wars fan awhile back and I've watched way too much star wars to the point where it now bores me. Amazing job though.

19. TrustierToaster

TrustierToaster Ancient

I think it could have been forged better and most likely biger, but its still cool and good job on the feature DIEabolical!

20. Mr. Skittles

Mr. Skittles Ancient

I can honestly say this map isn't very well-made for most gametypes. I was in a party the other day, and we tried out each variant this map is supposedly made for, and none of us had anything good to say about it more then something negative.

Honestly, it is NOT a bad map, it really is amazingly forged, all the seams are wonderful, and the inside is fantastic. It's all there.

It just doesn't play very well.

The post was quite humourous, Sarge, good job. But the map? No offense, DIEabolical, I just didn't like it.