Sandbox Splatterball X

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by II Tyspartan II, Aug 22, 2010.

1. II Tyspartan II

II Tyspartan II Forerunner

Splatterball, the 1v1 or 2v2 game that's swiffering the nation, is complete and ready for the public! Described as the next Griffball, the objective is quite similar. Other games like this have been made, but none with a scoring system so advanced and foolproof. Splatterball uses the same scoring system as Pinball, but in a much more familiar setting.
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The objective of the game is to get the golf ball that spawns in the beginning of the round in to the opposite teams net using your chopper and teamwork. And a little luck. Once a team scores, a member of said team must commit scuicide by walking into one of the nets, then it's as simple as jumping into the teleporter at your spawn zone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks so much to my pal IamFuzzysocanU for helping me with the map and all the people who helped play test.Here's the link to the map and gametype. I'm new to forge hub so just comment if i need to change the link. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]

2. Hugh299

Hugh299 Forerunner

To me, this sounds exactly like soccer, but with choppers.......

So pretty much you've taken soccer, something that a lot of other people have made. Then put choppers in it. Then named it as something totally new.

It's not very creative, but it's forged extremely well and it looks organized, so ill give ya a 3/5. Sorry bud.

3. II Tyspartan II

The majesty of the game isnt the soccer aspect, but the scoring system. Yes i agree that this has been made many times, but most to all soccer games have been developed as trust games. I encourage people to try to exploit this map and gametype.

4. Hugh299

Hugh299 Forerunner

Alright you got me there I tried it and the scoring IS pretty legit

5. II Tyspartan II

thanks for givin it a chance :)

6. Hugh299

Hugh299 Forerunner

lolz. yup no prob.

7. II Tyspartan II

I also have a map for the original soccer, peeps with grav hammers so if your interested just comment if you want me to post that as well. It uses the same scoring system but to be honest choppers are much more fun.

8. Hugh299

Hugh299 Forerunner

yeah i agree except the fact that theres only four choppers, so post the other one too so more people can play at once! plus it would be prob the most legit soccer yet

9. II Tyspartan II

Ill release the simpler version with grav hammers soon, within the next few days. It's not on my current hards drive so im going to have to recover my account and then put it in my file share etc, so dont expect it right away, but in the mean time dl and rate splatterball!

10. Cheeze

Cheeze <FONT COLOR="#FE2EC8"><b>I Beat the Staff!</b></FO

I don't think you forged the floor of this map. It looks suspiciously like Ariel griffball's floor to me.

11. II Tyspartan II

i didnt forge the floor. my friend and i were testing what size it should be, and we thought that the griffball court would be the perfect size. then i thought, 'whats the point of re forging the floor if its going to look the same anyways?'. Less time and a better result.
    Edit: When reach comes out in a couple weeks im going to re forge everything, and they will probably have a scoring system for balls. I honestly just made this map because i thought it would be a good passtme till reach came out then I would re develope it perfectly. Expect me to release the first soccer map in reach.

#11 II Tyspartan II, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  12. killllllll11488

killllllll11488 Ancient

I agree about the floor, but it would have been better if you actually made at least half the map. Just sayin'.

13. xX iQuacKz Xx

xX iQuacKz Xx Forerunner

This game looks really nice I'm goin ta download it now.

It looks really similar to one of my maps (unposted), called Robot Wars.

Nice idea.