Spirit dropship from Halo: Combat Evolved

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by Aesthetic Forger, Aug 21, 2008.

?

wat do you think of it?

1. is it bad?

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. is it ok?

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. is it good?

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  4. OR IS IT EXCELENT

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aesthetic Forger

hey guys yes i just posted a pelican yesterday, and i have a buttload of ships to unleash on you guys. the pelican was the first and now the spirit is the 2nd. if you havent played halo CE i suggest you google image Halo Spirit so you can see wat it looks like. i will also have some pictures of a spirit in halo CE for you guys to see. the left prong is open for people to get inside, yes you can get into the right prong but i didnt have that one open. you have to go in from the left prong to get to the right prong

PS this was extremely hard to make and get it as close to wat it was supposed to look like

WAT U ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR ZEE PICTURES

OVERVIEW
    [​IMG]

FRONT
    [​IMG]

BACK
    [​IMG]

walking into cockpit/main inside
    [​IMG]

view of inside from left prong
    [​IMG]

View of inside from right prong
    [​IMG]

Turret(Accessible by going into main inside/handle of the tuning fork, by crouching and holding rb until it lets you on it. or you could go under it hold rb and jump.)
    [​IMG]

Spirits often have ghosts between the prongs so i decided to put them in. its kind of hard to get them out sometimes.
    [​IMG]

AND NOW SOME PICTURES OF A SPIRIT FROM HALO CE TO COMPARE TO.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT:surprise:mg lol i cant believe i forgot to put in a download button. i guess i was too busy being happy face that i finally got around to posting it n seeing wat a success it r

well heres the download buttonhttp://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=25274371&postRepeater1-p=1#25275654

#1 Aesthetic Forger, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  2. Widestoned

Widestoned Ancient

woah i remember this ship! i think it looks just like it, 5.5 for similarity

3. haseoice

haseoice Ancient

REALLY nice! i just think the back end could have been a little smoother and maybe you could have made a switch that made a "floating" ghost fall. i dont know how you would do it but you could try! i'll dl it and try to do that and i do, i'll let you know. 4/5

4. fiery

fiery Ancient

Nice job!The front is a bit different but that would be hard to get perfect with the nose sloping down.

5. haseoice

haseoice Ancient

i really think this has the potential to get featured.

6. yomtvraps

yomtvraps Ancient

great success

7. Xx BEHEM0TH xX

Xx BEHEM0TH xX Ancient

Hey great job on the ship. It looks just like the Halo CE Spirit ship. I give you a 10/5 just because of how accurate this is! I really like how you can go into the ship. This is just a thought, but if you made a playable map with this ship in it I am sure it would get lots of downloads.

8. Aesthetic Forger

ive never been much into playable maps cuz i have a need to interlock idk wat it is but i cant feel good about my map unless its perfectly interlocked/geomerged and geomerging makes me angry face :( wen i do the way with the door after putting it into the ground twice with the door it dispears into the ground and if it doesnt its never strait/ how i wanted it to be also i dont know wat it is that makes maps fun. thats another reason why i dont make playable maps

9. drak

drak Ancient

firstly, dont rate your own thread...that sucks...majorly....balls (chicka chicka what?)

second, i like the ship, but its a little too plain for foundry (well, foundry is hard to build on)

third, my rating is a 3.9/5 for this ship!

10. Aesthetic Forger

Firstly, how do you know wether or not i rated my own thread. Second, wat do you mean its a little too plain for foundry? really wtf does that mean

third, are u out to get me or something cuz you were first post on my pelican claiming that i stole coolants pelican!!! wat is with you!!go die or something

11. DANGER2URHEALTH

DANGER2URHEALTH Ancient

Wow nice remake! Never seen or remember that ship in halo: CE but the pics look so similar to the Spirit! If only there was some sort of coloring system in forge... 5/5 for awesome remake! I wonder why the spirit wasn't in the continuing trilogy...

#11 DANGER2URHEALTH, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  12. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

wow this is really good aestetics i really like the inside that i think is one of the best parts of the map

13. Aesthetic Forger

oh my god wat da **** bbq none of the things in ur sig lead to the cake :(

i wish i couldve made the inside bigger but htere wasnt much room to do a hole lot of anything

14. Biggles2

Biggles2 Ancient

This looks great its very similar to the actual ship from the game, though theres a few parts of the ship that could be a bit smoother. I reall liek the inside part thats the best part in my opinion.

15. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

ummm how did you make this? tried with lego and failed horribly lol 5/5 good job

16. Bobguy13

Bobguy13 Ancient

Nice map, dude. It really does remind me of halo 1. (aah, the good ol' days sniping everything that comes out of the spirit) But what kinda gets annoying is the fact that somebody might need help making something from halo CE with its sweet player-made maps and vehis and such, and somebody might think that they wanna make something from the forged-dry halo 1, with its good ol'...uh...marines that carried sniper rifles.

17. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

yup, i think that is looks just like it. man such a good remake! 5/5

18. SiR Shmo0pY

SiR Shmo0pY Ancient

nice map but it doesn't look very playable and I didn't even know what the spirit was until today 4.6/5( basically 5/5)

gobbles likes this.
  19. sangheili dude

sangheili dude Ancient

as soon as i saw those pictures i could eaisilly tell that was a spirit replica. if you got time try making a phantom :lol:

20. Floppy2276

Floppy2276 Ancient

You know, I was a little confused as what that thing was I first saw it, but then I realized it was the old covenant dropship! I never knew it's name was Spirit! I guess you learn things every day! Oh, and 5/5 for the whole awesomeness of the remake part... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.