Sandbox spire

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by EatinBadChicken, Sep 18, 2011.

1. EatinBadChicken

EatinBadChicken Forerunner

I am new here so I hope this works...yes I read all the rules and saltines posting template, I understand the rules but the template is a bit confusing to a forum noob, but I wanna share this map so here goes....

This map is built specifically for the rocket race game variant, I have tested it (solo) at least 20-30 times running to 50 points and have gotten games of up to 8 people playing (4 teams of 2) almost half a dozen times. Here are some screen shots of the different structures.

The cloverleaf:

[​IMG]

The big arch:

[​IMG]

The major boost ramps:

[​IMG]

The minor boost ramps:

[​IMG]

ok so here goes...looking at the preview of my post and holding my breath (it looks fine when previewed)

first attempt at uploading video thanks Cryypy! for rendering this video for me

This is me doing some split screen practicing (no other teams in the game unfortunately)

Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

And thanks Psychoduck for checking and noticing I erased the link to the map itself when I edited the first post:

Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

#1 EatinBadChicken, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. Forgerator

Forgerator Forerunner

It's confusing according to the pictures... I'd like to test it but I need to re-purchase the map pack.

3. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

This looks like a pretty cool rocket race map. unfortunately finding enough people to play it with in halo 3 would be a real chore. Still, it's well built and some of the jumps look pretty awesome. Good work.

4. EatinBadChicken

EatinBadChicken Forerunner

I am in the process of redoing this map. Some of the jumps leave you a bit short of the destination. Also I am moving the destinations a little here and there to help it flow better. As far as getting people together to play, we have a group of guys that get on h3 a couple times a week to race, you can go to bnet and look up WARR in the private groups. Send a message saying you want to sign up as a recruit and you should be in...next time we are on you may get an invite. Looking forward to getting some new faces in our mix so check us out.