Sandbox Spire

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by winendine69, Aug 20, 2010.

1. winendine69

winendine69 Ancient

Well here we are, another one of my big team slayer and capture the flag maps, however I do believe this is my best one yet. Also with Reach right aroun the corner this will be one of my last maps I'm releasing, my last map and for sure is my best map will be realesed tomorrow o the following day but enough of that onto this map.
    This map is set up to be played with team slayer and capture theflag and holds 8 to 16 players however for best play I'd reccomend playing with the most amount of people possible. Enough typind here are the pictures!​

This is the best picture i could get for the center structure
    [​IMG]

Random center asthetic piece
    [​IMG]

Defenders Warhog spawn
    [​IMG]

Front of attackers base
    [​IMG]

My 2 wheeled plower
    [​IMG]

And what is it plowing? This to makeroom for a building.
    [​IMG]

The crane/bridge
    (This does look very similar to the crane made in another map however I had no idea o his design at the time of my maps prodiction)
    [​IMG]

Defenders front base
    (it is very plain i know but it has an awsome turret thats completly first person!)
    [​IMG]

Center oveview
    [​IMG]

Complete overview
    [​IMG]

Thanks for taking a look please feel free to leave any comments you may have but I ask you to please download and play it first before making comments becuase many people upon first view say that this is to open however It is neccesary for the warhogs to move about ad also it works very well with gameplay anyways. Agian thank you =]​

Download: Spire

#1 winendine69, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  2. AARC Forgers

AARC Forgers Forerunner

this is a rare gem of a map. an asymetric BTB map taht is actualy good. also the theme is pretty good. except for the massive towers. + how do you get up to the banshees?

3. Organite

Organite Journalist

It seems kinda open around the plow and the plowed land.

but it looks really good.

First enticing competitive map I've seen lately.

Let's give the ol' gal a dl =)

4. Given To Fly

Given To Fly MP Level Designer
    343 Industries

To be hinest, it looks as if you took structures from random maps. and thats about it.
    Map's Im seeing, are the map made of 100% natural geometry on the midlevel, Kurodas rocketship column, a crane... even though your's looks pretty good, a bulldozer looks like a robot from transforgers...

I feel as if you lost that "Urban feel" with the massive curved towers, and floating platmorm. I'm not sure how it lays but it looks like it could be ok.

The only problem would be the direct structure imaging.

5. Caucasion Tift

Caucasion Tift Ancient

whoa... that is a pretty epic center structure. Also the plower-thingy is pretty cool as well. The only thing that I don't absolutely love is the defender's base... like you said its kinda plain but I think it still does the job. Definite download for me!

6. Hat

Hat Guest

I kindof agree. I think this wouldn't be that fun to play. Really all it's just a bunch of aesthetic structures that would seem to add nothing to the gameplay. Next time if you're going to make a playable map focus on the gameplay. Not the aesthetics, but still keep it neat and interlocked.

7. Zow Jr

Zow Jr Forerunner

I have Dled. Honestly when I saw this thread I thought "oh great, some retard thinks he can recreate spire from reach" But this is one heck of a map. Again form looks it seems as though it focuses too much on aesthetics. There is some cover as I have seen (the overview pic took out some of the smaller objects) but I am guessing if not BTB this is a sniper map (just joking, unless I look at it and I find four or worse all 8 snipers on the map XP )

8. xMLGx InStINcTx

xMLGx InStINcTx Forerunner

I think this is the coolest and funnest map ever. I love how everything looks like it is actually holding up, the crane is pretty cool and the tunnel with the warthog. This all basically looks like an up and running good, active city.

9. Cheeze

Cheeze <FONT COLOR="#FE2EC8"><b>I Beat the Staff!</b></FO

This was a pretty good map when we were testing it. I don't even think that there is one snipe on the map. The only bad thing about it is that I barely remember being on foot. I think i was always on a warthog....

10. Meltyourtv

Meltyourtv Ancient

Doesn't seem like you changed it at all since you showed it to me.

You still need to fix the light in the center, it's a little too low.

Invite me next time I'm on, I'm curious to play this.

11. Arazra

Arazra Forerunner

Great forging on the structures, but just like some people said above, there is no flow to this map, nothing really seems to fit.

12. winendine69

winendine69 Ancient

ok first off thanks for all the replies but to those who say that this is a rip off of other maps the only thing that i took and in which i had his permission was the center column for the warhog structure and it des seem to be open but upon playing due to the size of the map on foot it rly isnt that open and to get to the banshees there is a man cannon lift on each side of the center structure. but agian thanks for the comments and please all of those who had some what negative things to say about this map please play it with the designated amount of players and resond agian and thank you once more.

13. kilamanjara14izback

Wow, you posted on my map saying the crane looked a lot alike, I didn't think it was that much. It looks just like mine on the first time I made the crane. Not a big deal as you do have a load of other aesthetics that aren't in my maps :p jk. Idk if I'm going to dl just because I don't enjoy large maps that focus on vehicles all to much.

14. Mitchifision

Mitchifision Ancient

It looks like you've put lots of effort into this map. It's not just an awsome competitive map but it's also aesthetically impressive. I'll give it a go I guess... The crane, the plow and the spire are my favourite parts.

15. winendine69

winendine69 Ancient

lol precisley. the only difference is that mine is a bit larger and has a few extra pieces lol