Speedshot

Discussion in 'Reach Gametypes' started by AMALGAMATIQN, Mar 9, 2012.

1. AMALGAMATIQN

AMALGAMATIQN Forerunner

SPEEDSHOT
    [​IMG]

Speedshot is a gametype I've invented to be a fun-filled, action-packed, and intense game fueled by those giant red menaces we've all come to know and love - Spartan Lasers.

[​IMG]

With the unveiling of the new Matchmaking gametype 'Team Hotshot', I made a variant of it. Hot Shot variants work by giving a person different traits as they progress through consecutive kills. Without any kills, you are very fast, and have 300% Damage Modifier. However, you can never beat someone down, and you also start out with no shields nor a radar. Your only weapon is your trusty Spartan Laser. When you score your first kill, you will get shields and more damage resistance. When you score your second kill in a row, you get an overshield. With your third consecutive kill, you keep your overshield and also get a radar, helping you scope out those unsuspecting players yet to score any heat.

There's also a cool feature with scoring points. If you have 0/3 and 1/3 heat, you score 1 point for killing someone. If you have 2/3 heat, you get 2 points. And, if you have 3/3 heat, you score a whopping 3 points for every kill. Stay alive and maintain that 3/3 heat, and you can assure your team's victory!

[​IMG]

This is a fun, fast-paced game where killing is the primary and only goal. The game is ten minutes long, and the team to score fifty kills first is the winner. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

#1 AMALGAMATIQN, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  2. PurexXxChicken

PurexXxChicken Promethean

dude this would pretty sick on like hemorrhage or something. a different form of team snipers, or something like that.

#2 PurexXxChicken, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  3. AMALGAMATIQN

AMALGAMATIQN Forerunner

I play it mostly on Condemned, but I do suggest Hemorrhage if you don't have the Defiant Map Pack - open places are better, but I do find that Condemned has that very UNSC, futuristic feel that just sort of goes along with the Spartan Lasers in the gametype. Try it out! I'd love to get more feedback!