Speed

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by timmypanic, Jan 22, 2011.

1. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

SPEED

Hello all, welcome to my latest publication.
    This forge map is a rocket race, but is also good fun on race and is still fun if only 2 playing... I enjoy spining around on my own, but this is best played 16 players in 8 teams of 2 on rocket race.
    It is a very simple map, although it wasn't so simple to make and I did hurt my neck with all the angles and stuff lol.

It has two stages to the race track, moving in a perpetual loop.
    Basically I seen an idea of a rocket race, I'm sure many have played, rainbow road. I can't find the map but I loved the concept, although I felt it could be better.
    As it was only 1 stage and had no obsticals.

In my version it is on a lower angle so you have better control... And u will need it to get around the obstacles I have made. The bottom section is set with rocks and caves leading to water and rocks where you go through to the next level.
    This is more futuristic and finishes off with fire and a few explsions going off.
    There are also jumps and boosts.
    I enjoy this map so I thought I would share it with everyone here . enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

see under where there are 2 arrows. I made this as in many forge maps people want to see what it looks like outside, so I have added an exit and a few aesthetics (ball scew ball and a piano... now I forged the piano as I seen one on a map and wanted to see if i could make one so I wont take any credit for the grand piano that belongs to geranamo.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

requires rocket race for optimum performance . get that here
    Thanks to everyone who helped me, testing and playing this game.

Thanks for looking :)

#1 timmypanic, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  2. rubuie5

rubuie5 Forerunner

o.o uyour maps are awesome. how did you make the piano?

3. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

cool ! Thank you! The piano I seen on another map so I forged one just for the hell of it. It is made with flags and 2x2 platforms and few other parts.
    Its only for when you go around in forge and has nothing to do with the race.
    Thanks for checking out my map :)

4. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

I am sorry man but I really didn't like it. I like the idea of the whole map being down hill. However, your execution really was over dun and didn't work as I had hoped. The decision to put in the man cannons and wedges is what I am having an issue with. You have enough speed as it is. You didn't need the man cannons. Because the vert is at such a steep angle, the cannons do nothing more than just flip you and wipe you out. The rocks were a nice touch, but again the placement was over dun. I almost always hit the center rock and begin to flip out of control. There really is no skill involved in this map. It seems that the winner would just be the lucky team who didn't tumble and flip the most. I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I just always give real feedback, and not just say, "wow, awesome map man 5/5". Again, I like the concept, I just feel that the execution could have been better.

5. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

There are loads of places that can mess you up and set you tumbling, There was in the original version and I wanted this, but I also wanted it to be controlled to a certain degree.
    But...
    I am suprised you had trouble getting through course. There were a few ways that did make you jump and flip out but as it only 2 section race , I figured most would find the best route. It is possible to drive hitting all the boosts and not crash atall. But it does require some skill . I playtested few times and comments were made to increase difficulty so a few more obsticals were added. It is simple, it probably does go quick enough without boosts, I just feel they add to the race and make it more challenging, And I am happy with the way it plays. And I do admit sometimes you will tumble out of control (sometimes when you have only hit boost. But I have passed through course countless times without crashing or tumbling, so I know it is easily possible and not to challenging.
    I cant expect all feedback to be good.
    Thanks for checking out my map.

#5 timmypanic, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  6. spy penguin

spy penguin Forerunner

a race map by you it is not the type of map you ussaully make but still has that feel that you but in your maps (great gameplay+great asthetics=timmypanic) simple maths i'll try to give it a go if my freinds actually got off their swat asses and played rocket race the piano is just random but it fits nice job.

7. HI IM CAPS LOCK

HI IM CAPS LOCK Forerunner

Hey I think you were talking about "Double Rainbow" by Rifte Gifle, Rainbow road is the racetrack with all of the colors on it. Anyways, looks like a nice interpretation of Double Rainbow, I'll play it later and let you know what I think.

8. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Thanks! I wad suprised to see the link still working as I had made space ages ago. Thanks to who ever has copied to fileshare. It is my take in double rainbow. I really enjoyed map and I wanted to make a version. Was also suprised to see the dls had doubled since I last looked. With the skills I have learnt, I think I can improve this map, maybe add some bends and coloured effects like some have done...then enter into race comp if it's applicable. Thanks ....great to know this hasn't been forgotten :)

9. SPL4TTERMAN

SPL4TTERMAN Forerunner

like said before, the map looks pretty cool, but the overall concept was executed a bit poorly. And the piano just seemed to be an uneeded and an obvious steal from Anchor Estate.

10. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

LMAO at that last picture...

But this IS a great looking map you have here.
    This is what you're supposed to expect from forgers and you went beyond. The aesthetics are great as you pass through and those rocks seem completely natural in the way you arched them... Great job (AGAIN)

11. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Thank you! I did enjoy messing around on this. When forging I had lots joining and edited the map as friends were going down, finding a balance of fun and challenging. I wanted to add another layer but I had problems with the teleporters on final level so kept it at 2. Wipeout was the theme and thats why the mancannons are on the ground. The caves look good as you wiz past and make race more of a challenge. I enjoyed adding the outer aesthetics, a lot view maps in forge and I wanted to add some interesting parts. Thanks for feedback ")