Foundry Spectac Village

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by SpEcTaCuLar Ra, Apr 2, 2009.

1. SpEcTaCuLar Ra

SpEcTaCuLar Ra Ancient

[​IMG]

Made By: SpEcTaCuLar Ra

Description: Well I decided to make this map because my first attempt at making a scenery track was pretty bad(Spectac City) since it was like my second track and I wanted to make another scenery track that would look way better. The track has a lot of scenery, has good flow and is very fun to race on. I got help with the scenery for this track from Goldman 010. The track seems to have a cold part and a sunny part which makes the track look like a real city. Please give constructive criticism and enjoy!!

Pics:

Start
    [​IMG]

Bridge Straightaway
    [​IMG]

Wall turn
    [​IMG]

Wall Dip
    [​IMG]

Tunnel
    [​IMG]

Stairs Dip
    [​IMG]

Box turn
    [​IMG]

Box Straightaway
    [​IMG]

Bank turn
    [​IMG]

Straightaway to finish
    [​IMG]

Well That's It. Hope You Like the Map!!!!

Download Map
    Halo 3 File Details
    Download Gametype
    Halo 3 File Details

2. Remii

Remii Ancient

Perfect geomerging and my favorite part is that stairs dip, the effect that that part has on this map is great. The box turn is very nicely interlocked and is at the perfect degree for a burnout =) this map is downloading to my xbox as i type =) good job 5/5

3. McManly321

McManly321 Ancient

looks very very very aesthetic. i like it, but i'm not big on track maps...
    i'll give it a:
    4/5 overall
    4/5 on looks
    2/5 on playability( race maps get boring very quickly)
    and a 3/5 on creativity(liked the dips, but not much else is new and fancy)

4. Flair iz NasTy

Flair iz NasTy Ancient

I'm glad you finished this map, it turned out very good! The aesthetics looks amazing but my favorite part is the tunnel by far. It is all very smooth and is quite an "adventure" to drive on. Im not sure about the cannons, Im afraid they may boost me too far and ruin the first turn. Now, about the handling. It isn't the best and the turns could have been a bit more grav lift or shield door assisted. The track is very short and would have been much more enjoyable with more objects used up, but it is still fun to drive on despite the tough handling. Union Station still will remain a legend, and I'm sure you have the potential to surpass that racetrack, but Im afraid you didnt this time :( I like your style in aesthetics Spectac, they really do make the racetrack look realistic, good job!

Overall, this racetrack seems very good and well deserves a 4/5 rating and a DL! We have to work on that Blackout racetrack tommorow dude, let's not forget! :)

5. mastersync23

mastersync23 Ancient

It looks good. I mean, the interlocking and such is great, but it's not very original. The dips and turns are good, just...it lacks some originality. But overall, it's cool. 7/10.

6. TympanicMetal

TympanicMetal Ancient

Omg FINALLY! Some1 is being original!

Dude, if it was for me, being the Forgehub.com creator, you would be on the Front page right now.

This map really shows what you can do with Foundry and racing, instead of all those ''Cirkel Curve'' maps. I beleive ur the second guy, to ad some sort of ''theme'' in your map. And with this city theme, you managed to get the track, and the theme in balance, with some nice astetics to. I'm not trying to bash the other maps, but they are really unoriginal and uncreative.

You = 2nd Race Revolution.

Beleive me. I'm not easely impressed, but this map finally brings something fresh to the ''Race Maps'' section. This is also proably the first time in 3 weeks, i comment on a map. 5/5 hands down.

7. SpEcTaCuLar Ra

SpEcTaCuLar Ra Ancient

Thanks for the great reply flair but about what you said the man cannons are pretty much just for cold cool look and doesn't effect you at all when ure driving. I know that the track is very short but it is a scenery track so you are kind of limited to how long you can make the track since you need a lot of the items to make nice scenery. Though I'm glad you like the map and the aesthetics of it and I'm going to help you out with the blackout map tomorrow for sure. :)

8. whiizzle

whiizzle Ancient

you make too many great racetracks...this one isnt your best, but it looks a whole lot better than your others. i like the use of different objects to make it look so much nicer. my favorite part is the shape of it, even though it seems very one-leveled... it goes straight, turn dip, turn, dip, turn, straight turn straight...not too many loops, but it seems like it would be very fun.4.5/5

9. BLiZzY

BLiZzY Ancient

Raa, your maps are sooo haaawwt especially this one. 10/10

10. I Am Honk Blarg

I Am Honk Blarg Ancient

This map makes me want to yell, WEEEEEEEE!

11. HarryGoss

HarryGoss Ancient

This map looks very good. and its very original.

12. Benzu Akamaru

Benzu Akamaru Ancient

It's actually a nice length, nice aesthetics, okay playability. It's true that race maps tire quickly, it can't be helped. I'll give this a 5/5 not because it's flawless forging but because it's foundryworthy. In case you don't know, "foundryworthy" is a map nowadays that's worthy enough to appeal people even if it's on foundry.
    My favorite part about it is the dip. But overall it's a great map, and you made the most out of the space you were given.

13. MLG

MLG Ancient

Well, i give it a 5/5 just because of the amazing blending and great use of space, keep on forging!