Legendary DLC SpEcTaC Legendary Map Pack

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by SpEcTaCuLar Ra, Sep 3, 2010.

1. SpEcTaCuLar Ra

SpEcTaCuLar Ra Ancient

[​IMG]

Creator: SpEcTaCuLar Ra

Map: Legendary DLC

Difficulty: Medium-Hard

Gametypes: Battle Snipes, Battle Tracks, Battle Lasers, RACETRACKS

Description:
    This is basically a farewell map pack that I made for the ending of Halo 3. This map pack includes three tracks; one from each of the maps from the legendary dlc. These maps, Congeal Stature(Avalanche), Legerity Woods(Ghost Town), and Obscurity Tide(Blackout), are quite fun and I have spent quite some time trying to make these maps as good as possible. All of them are bt compatible but the great thing is that each of these maps have their own unique qualities that makes it stand out. One think I must say is all of these maps have difficult areas to drive. I wanted to add some type challenge to the maps. Hopefully all of these maps will give you enjoyment. On to the pics and don't forget to download all of them!!!

[​IMG]

Racetrack Name: Congeal Stature

Map: Avalanche

Weapons and Equipment:
    Beam Rifle x 1
    Carbine x 1
    Needler x 1
    Sentinel Beam x 1
    Shotgun x 1
    Sniper Rifle x 1
    Firebomb Grenade x 1
    Plasma Grenade x 1
    Bubble Shield x 1
    Regen x 1
    Overshield x 1
    PowerDrain x 1
    Trip Mine x 1

Description:
    Congeal Stature is a track on Avalanche that incorporates many different categories into one track. The track is bt compatible, has a great terrain section and skytrack section and has an elevator that is exciting to go up. This is one of the few, if not, only Avalanche tracks that actually includes a shield door elevator. The layout is quite simple but what actually is surprising about this map is that it's actually 33 seconds and is uncheatable at the same time. That is very good due to the limited objects Avalanche gives you. The track is very smooth, the terrain section section adds for intense racing, and the difficulty of certain areas on the track adds to the challenge and enjoyment of racing this track. Well on to the pics and don't forget to download the map!

Pictures:
    Start
    [​IMG]

Elevator
    [​IMG]

Spiral
    [​IMG]

Rolling Hill
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wall Corner Tunnel
    [​IMG]

Ramp Banked Turn
    [​IMG]

Watchtower Base Straightaway and Destination
    [​IMG]

Turn and Straightaway after Destination
    [​IMG]

U Turn and Second Straightaway
    [​IMG]

U Turn Back to the Start
    [​IMG]

Overviews
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What inspired your creation?
    Wanted to make this track for a legendary map pack that I was releasing soon and I also wanted to make one of the few Avalanche tracks with a great elevator.

How long did it take for you to build this track?

Maybe about 30 hours all together. I wanted to make sure everything was right.

What aspect of the track took you longest to make?

Definitely the barriers transition. It was hard to get it smooth. It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it but it was the best I can do.

Download Congeal Stature Here

[​IMG]

Racetrack Name: Legerity Woods

Map: Ghost Town

Difficulty: Hard

Weapons and Equipment:
    Beam Rifle x 1
    Carbine x 1
    Needler x 1
    Sentinel Beam x 1
    Shotgun x 1
    Sniper Rifle x 1
    Firebomb Grenade x 1
    Plasma Grenade x 1
    Bubble Shield x 1
    Regen x 1
    Overshield x 1
    PowerDrain x 1
    Trip Mine x 1

Description:
    Legerity Woods is my first Ghost Town track and most likely my last. The goal of this track was to not really to be too original, but to have a great flow, one of the best on a Ghost Town track. The track layout is quite simple but the track is very enjoyable. It can be hard for the first couple of laps but you can get used to it easily if you drive it right. It is compatible for bt and is uncheatable. Should be played with 8 - 12 players for best gameplay. Now on to the pics and don't forget to download!

Pictures:
    Fence Wall Straightaway after Start
    [​IMG]

Drop Off to difficult turn
    [​IMG]

U turn
    [​IMG]

Bridge Hill
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Destination
    [​IMG]

Straightaway
    [​IMG]

Drop off back to the start
    [​IMG]

I just wanted to make a Ghost Town track that had a good flow since most of the previous ones didn't.

About 40 hours. This was quite tough to build because of the lack of space Ghost Town provides.

Probably the bridge hill because of the barrier that made it difficult.

Download Legerity Woods

[​IMG]

Racetrack Name: Obscurity Tide

Map: Blackout

Weapons and Equipment:
    Beam Rifle x 1
    Carbine x 1
    Needler x 1
    Sentinel Beam x 1
    Shotgun x 1
    Sniper Rifle x 1
    Firebomb Grenade x 1
    Plasma Grenade x 1
    Bubble Shield x 1
    Regen x 1
    Overshield x 1
    PowerDrain x 1
    Trip Mine x 1

Description:
    This is my second and last track on Blackout. The track didn't come out as planned but is still enjoyable to race on. The whole track is very smooth with simplistic layout but with a jump that adds excitement. The jump only works 90% of the time, the other ten percent may cause a bad landing. This track is short but the time is overlooked by the enjoyment the track provides. As said before, it is bt compatible and is uncheatable. It is best played with up to 12 players and works well with battle snipes in particular. Now on to the pics and don't forget to download the map!

Pictures
    Start
    [​IMG]

Banked Turn after Start
    [​IMG]

Single Wall Wave and Single Box Dip
    [​IMG]

Last Turn and Destination Jump
    [​IMG]

Landing Pad
    [​IMG]

Overview
    [​IMG]

My first blackout track didn't turn out too well so I wanted to top that and I'm sure I've succeeded.

About16 hours in all. Surprisingly, this was the fastest one to build out of the three.

Definitely the jump. Even though it still only works about 90% of the time, I'm satisfied with the way it came out.

Download Obscurity Tide

2. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

These all look amazing! It's about time someone made a track on Ghost Town. Does the part where it goes over the wall after the bridge hill slow down your mongoose?

The Avalanche track looks amazing.

3. Sayber70

Sayber70 Forerunner

Very Good! Very smooth gameplay, 99% perfect. Now to find that 1% ;). I have downloaded and i need to ask can i use this in a Custom Game Tournament that im hosting.

-Ghost Town one is very hard to start with lol

#3 Sayber70, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  4. Phill3593

Phill3593 Ancient

All of these maps are very good.

Obscurity Tide was very basic and short, then again it's Blackout... I like the rolling hill and the first bank but the last turn was a bit too sharp to turn into the jump which you need to go perfectly straight off of to land properly. Anyways, the track and the jump was pretty unique for Blackout. 4/5

Legerity Woods was also good. The length and smoothness of the track was nice and the creativity was also there but the first turn and the split single wide section towards the end was a little too much for Ghost Town. The map overall seemed to well executed and planned as for the layout. 4/5

Congeal was the best mainly due to the map choice. The banks were all smooth and I like the combination of sky and terrain. The elevator was also a nice addition and it worked well every time. The only slight problem I had was the two turns on the terrain, they seemed to imacpt the flow of the track. Other than that, the map was very good.
    4.5/5

The map pack in all was great and a good way to say goodbye to Halo 3.