Specific Forge Types

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by RMNT Bassman, Mar 4, 2008.

1. RMNT Bassman

RMNT Bassman Ancient

While I love making Forge maps to be suited for just Infection, or just Capture the Flag, I think that maps would be a lot better rated if they were suited for ALL gametypes. I now see that all maps come with a game type. Is it just me, or should a lot of the focus of people on The Forge Hub be put to making a good map in all areas? While it's pretty much impossible to achieve (Even Bungie can't do it, I mean, CTF on Guardian....), I think that would make all of these great maps I see here that much better.

2. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I whole-heartedly agree; that's why most of my maps (actually, I've made one so far :) are naturally custom gametype-free and contain lots of healthy objective points for most gametypes. Other maps are full of custom gametypes and fatty hill containers.
    I like Depot for everything but Slayer and Infection.

3. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

You're absolutely right. The best maps are the ones that can be played in a variety of ways without having to download multiple custom gametypes. It's a very challenging task to take on, because setting up goals and respawn areas for each type of game takes away from your item limit. But creating a map that is playable for the majority of the default gametypes goes a long way to ensure you or anyone else won't get tired of playing on it.

4. XfX Catastrophe

XfX Catastrophe Ancient

This is a very hard thing to do. I myself just made a map for infection but I am including another layout for 1 flag because of how the walls and weapons are placed. Sooo on some maps all gametypes can be do able but on other maps it is impossible

5. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Many of the recently featured maps do not required a gametype and support all the game modes that are appropriate for that map, even if most people never think to try something more radical.