Sandbox Specialty

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by silencer1008, May 12, 2009.

1. silencer1008

silencer1008 Ancient

Hello, welcome to my third map I've ever made, and the first map on Sandbox. Firstly I would like to say thanks to my brother, who helped me design the map. And Secondly, this is the one I am proud of.

Description
    - This is not symmetrical or asymmetrical, but it leans toward symmetrical. Recommended Players (8-16), recommended gametype- Team Slayer. This is a very heavy weapons map. I used interlocking here and there, not that much however. In the middle you will find a Gravity Hammer, however, be careful not to hit to much, because under the pallet is the hole. And if you fall into the hole, you get killed by the Kill Ball. On the side with the half wall, I placed a shield door to bounce over the half wall, try it out. I might make a V2 to improve off of this or make it KOTH, Flag, or Bomb.

Items On Map-
    The ones with no description is standard spawn time and number of clips.
    4 Shotguns-150 Second respawn, 1 Clip
    2 Banshees
    2 Hornets
    4 Rockets- 0 Clips, 60 Second Respawn
    2 Missile Pods
    2 Deployable Covers
    6 Snipers- 1 Clip
    4 Lasers
    6 Assault Rifles
    10 B.R.
    4 S.M.G.
    4 Plasma Pistols
    4 Plasma Rifles
    2 Needlers
    4 Brute Shots
    1 Gravity Hammer
    2 Maulers
    2 Beam Rifles
    6 Mongoose
    2 Warthog, Regular
    4 Trip Mines
    4 Fire Bomb
    4 Frag Grenade
    4 Spikes
    4 Bubble Shields
    2 Health Regenerators
    2 Ghosts
    4 Carbines
    I might be missing more, but if you notice anything, please tell me A.S.A.P

Gametype-Specialty's
    75% Gravity
    4 Second Respawn Time
    Everything else normal

PICTURE TIME

Overview
    [​IMG]

Blue Base
    [​IMG]

Red Base
    [​IMG]

Middle
    [​IMG]

Entrance to Tunnel(Both Sides)
    [​IMG]

Inside Tunnel
    [​IMG].

Conclusion- I am aware that there are a few quibbles, for instance the towers aren't perfectly aligned. Overall, however, I think this is very good. Thank you for taking the time to read this and look at my map. And I am very open to suggestions.

P.S. Please don't give a 5 word review and give it a 2/5, again, thank you

Update is released

Map- http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=78134390
    Game- http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=78052337

#1 silencer1008, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. Runic Aries

Runic Aries Ancient

the aesthetics of the map look good, you have a really nice patter worked out with the tunnel pieces but i have to ask, doesn't the huge tunnel maze defeat the purpose of all the vehicles?

anyways, ill give a 3/5 for the appearance and ill try gameplay later

#2 Runic Aries, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  3. CommanderA17

CommanderA17 Ancient

Not really diggin' the the layout of the map, but nothing a few changes won't fix. First, I don't like the 2 shotguns right next to one another, doesn't make for a good gameplay, and the Rockets being right next to it don't do much good either. Secondly, the vehicles are a bit odd to have on this tightly enclosed map (And there are A LOT of vehicles). Lastly, there are an abundace of weapons (4 shotty's?). Few changes, a new layout of the map and you're good to go son ^^

4. Falconx03

Falconx03 Ancient

I completely agree with this. Your weapons list is longer than your description. Also, you might as well left the weapons off the map and just made the primary weapon and secondary weapon starts random.

5. BlUnT 4ce tRAUMa

in my opinion, it looks like an ok map. there are just a few things that i have a problem with:

1: the tunnel system completly defeats the purpose of all the vehicles
    2: the bases look fine, forge wise, but the middle looks like a better job couldve been done
    3:Try to spread out the weapons around the map, not just putting most of them in the entrance of the tunnels

fourtunatly, all of this problems can be easily fixed in a couple minutes. try making an update ir v2 of this map. 3.5/5

6. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

This map is mainly tunnel based, so the addition of air vehicles doesn't really make sense to me. I would say the tunnel entrance... is a bit packed. With weapons. I suggest you spread them around the map a bit.

7. Xang

Xang Ancient

It looks okay...Although im not that much of a fan of banshee/hornets. The hallways with the weapons seems way to overpowered of cheap... And the center is a bit messy. Overall I'd rate it 2/5.