Spawning out of play area

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by sjuhawks, Apr 15, 2008.

1. sjuhawks

sjuhawks Ancient

Hey Guy,

Really enjoy reading everyones posts and downloading all the great maps. Ive made a few myself and im hoping some you more knowledgable forgers can help me out with a problem

ive created a map in which ive seals off both of the 2 rooms with a huge wall. thus keeping the playing area in the main rectangular room.

i have zero spawn points behind the wall however every once in a while i start the game spawning behind it unable to get out. this only happens at the start of the game and never on a respawn after death.

can someone help me out on this and let me know what ive done wrong and how to fix it.

thanks in advance

j

2. Mallet

Mallet Ancient
    Banned

Go through all the gametypes and see if you still have any "starting points".

Otherwise you'll have to place more spawn points in the play area until the game is happy there is enough safe places to spawn players.

3. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Welcome to Forge Hub, sir. I think you'll like it here.

EDIT: Mallet beat me to it.

4. Reynbow

Reynbow Ancient
    Banned Senior Member

When you're are in Editor Mode select the start menu and change the gametype to Slayer. Delete all the "Starting Spawn Points" =]
    You can't see them you first start editing a map.
    If that's not the problem then I have no idea.

Edit: Seems I was a bit late also xD

#4 Reynbow, Apr 15, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  5. Mallet

Mallet Ancient
    Banned

Owned lol

/spam

6. sjuhawks

sjuhawks Ancient

Hey guys thank alot for the quick response

im 100% sure that there is no spawn points behind the wall. although im not sure about for different game types. ive only played the board on slayer and team slayer.

walk me through once more where i can get to the different game types on forge ? do i do it before i start the session or while in in the session ? also id love to know how i can adjust the starting weapons for each forged map ?

im also going to add many more spawns in the play area as someone suggested

this place is the best thanks again

7. Mallet

Mallet Ancient
    Banned

Change to monitor > Press start > Select "Change gametype"

Starting weapons are changed by the gametype not the map. When choosing a gametype for a custom game, highlight the gametype and press X. You can then edit the settings from there and save it as a new gametype if you want to.