Spawning in Infection

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by dudeizhear, Jul 22, 2011.

1. dudeizhear

dudeizhear Forerunner

Hi guys, I have been making an infection map for a while and I need help with spawning. I need to make a spawn point not spawn for 60 seconds after the game starts. I set the timer for 60 seconds and had it not placed at start but when a new round starts you can still spawn there. Help

2. DavidJCobb

DavidJCobb Forerunner

I don't think you can activate spawn points or zones after a delay. Reach just ignores the spawn time and placed-at-start values for those objects. However, you can block a spawn point until a delay.

Consider this: a Fusion Coil with Phased physics has been placed directly on top of a Respawn Point. It is blocking the Respawn Point, and so no one will ever spawn there. Sixty seconds into the game, a Trip Mine spawns on top of the Fusion Coil and detonates. The Coil and Mine both explode, and now the Respawn Point isn't blocked.

You'll want the Fusion Coil to be Placed At Start and to have a Respawn Time of 61 seconds. The Trip Mine should not be Placed At Start, and it should have a Respawn Time of 60 seconds.

So here's what should happen when you use such a system in game. (I say "should" because I haven't actually tested this.)

1. The Fusion Coil is placed at start, and it blocks the Respawn Point.

2. One minute into the match, a Trip Mine spawns inside of the Fusion Coil and explodes. The Respawn Point is no longer blocked.

The respawn point is now usable.

3. Two minutes into the match, the Trip Mine respawns, and blocks the Respawn Point again.

4. Exactly one second later, the Fusion Coil respawns. It detonates the Trip Mine; both objects explode, and the Respawn Point is no longer blocked.

Every 60 seconds, the Trip Mine will respawn and then seconds later, it will be destroyed again. This is more-or-less seamless, but the Respawn Point is re-blocked while this happens, and un-blocked after. If someone dies after the Mine respawns, but before the Coil respawns, then they will not be able to use the Respawn Point.

5. Three minutes in -- new Trip Mine. Spawn is blocked.

6. Two seconds later (60 + 61 + 61) -- new Fusion Coil. Explosives explode, spawn is unblocked.

And so on. This will allow you to unblock a Respawn Point after 60 seconds. It does require the spawns to be isolated from the battlefield, though, as you do not want Humans or Zombies tampering with the Fusion Coil or Trip Mine. For the same reason, you need some way to force the Zombies to step away from the Respawn Point afte respawning. This system would be good for something like a respawn point inside of a vent.

#2 DavidJCobb, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011