Spawn point technique for specific teams

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by HLG FlashPoint, Feb 9, 2009.

?

Is this helpful

1. Great

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ok

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Horrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

Well just as the title said I am going to be telling you how to make spawn points for specific teams.

Well is it actually simple what you do, The Team option on the spawn points corresponds with the actual teams that goes in order.

Example: If I set A spawn point for defenders since that is the first option it goes with the first team red.

So a red team player would spawn at a defenders spawn point and not attackers unless in a gametype like territorries capture the flag or assault. Since those require attackers and defenders.

So the blue team would spawn on attackers spawn points. do u get it?
    2nd option corresponds with second team.

Here is a list of the teams:
    Defenders=Red
    Attackers=Blue
    3rd Team=Green
    4th team=Orange
    5th Team=Purple
    6th Team=Gold
    7th team=brown
    8th team=Pink

Hope it helped ya

2. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

Thanks. This will be useful if I ever use power ups to signify teams.

3. Scopulus

Scopulus Ancient

Great guide. Great job. So far you're OK.. in my book :D. lol

4. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

Well i figured this out a long time ago But I didn't get around to posting it. It would help for like multi team types of things or minigames.

5. TripleO8

TripleO8 Ancient

See, but what you said doesnt always work out. Sometimes, 3rd team could be like pink, or a random color not just green. Me and my buddy were fooling around and we made a whole bunch of rooms, and in each room, there was one respawn point, each of the had a different spawn setting, and for the 3rd team, we wanted the green team to spawn in that respawn point. So we killed ourself when green, and spawned there, great. but then when in an actual game, i had to be pink to spawn in that green room (3rd team), and then in another game, i had to be brown? Not sure what went wrong there, maybe it was just me, but this happens alot, soo im not sure.? test it out yourself.

6. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

Its just if becuz if an enemy is near it wants you to not spawn near the enemy. That is why it mesed up you just gotta make sure no one is near the spawn point and you can respawn their it jusst naturally tries to get you get you not spawned killed

7. TripleO8

TripleO8 Ancient

But the thing is, even if your all alone in a custom game, and you switch to green team, you keep spawning in another one then 3rd team, and like if i switch to like pink, then i always spawn in 3rd team, (pink was an example)

8. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

well since know really was there to kill you you kinda could of spawned in any spawn becuz there are no enemiez to harmz u

9. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

I thought this was common knowledge... well since it's not, good on ya... and btw... for some of the gametypes the attackers are chosen randomly... IE Boss Battle on The Last Level... one-sided VIP is one of those gametypes...

10. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

Ah, so that's what the 3rd, 4th, 5th etc. teams mean. Do they mean anything in Infection? All I know about them is that Attackers = Zombies and Defenders = Humans. Never experimented with the numbered team spawns for an Infection game...

Thanks for the guide.

11. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

No it only works with games where there are at least 2 teams. Since there is only two teams in infection it wouldn't do anything but in team slayer or vip it would becuz you can have more then attackers and deffenders becuz you can have more then two teams

12. zConviction

zConviction Ancient

Your wrong. Have you noticed that red is attackers and blue iis defenders.?? I can prove it to ya.

13. RomanSparky

RomanSparky Ancient

Also, you might want to make a starting point for each of those teams; that might be part of the problem, or else they placement may be random. i dunno; thats just my thinking. It always seems to make a big difference on my maps.

wrong. i know from my own experience; blue are attackers and red are defenders. it seems backwards, but it is very true.