Spartan or Elite?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sir Brane Damuj, Dec 10, 2007.

?

Spartan or Elite?

1. Spartan, all the way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Either or, doesn't matter to me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Elites are superior to humans.

100.0%
  1. Sir Brane Damuj

Sir Brane Damuj Ancient

The two character models are generally in debate as to which is better. The majority of Halo players play as Spartans. I as well as my clan, The Sovereign Guard, and many other clans play as Elites.

Which do you play as? Are you a Spartan supremacist who thinks that Elite players suck? Are you an Elite Supremacist who thinks Spartans are pathetic?

Mind you this is all about character models, not which is actually superior in terms of biology. If you read the books, you would know that even at his augmented level, 117 is barely evenly matched to Elites who are standard at the strength the humans encounter them at.

2. L14

L14 Ancient

I believe elite models to be worse, mainly due to the way their head sticks out a bit, making it so somethimes when you think your hiding behind a rock, a sniper can still get you.
    That said, I still prefer the elite design, and consequentially play as one. Also just because there are so few of them.

3. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

I love the look of the Mark V, even though I have never played Halo 1. I know, I will play it eventually, probably for the XBLA.

4. Ravenhunter89

Ravenhunter89 Ancient

I prefer the Spartans over the Elites but I like to use a Elite for shotty sniper works better for it as long as I don't do close combat.

5. shaba_levi

shaba_levi Ancient

Just being a jackass and fixing your quote, Halo: Combat Evolved is not an Xbox Live Arcade title, it is an Xbox Originals title...that said, i prefer the Spartan model and armor.

6. gman347

gman347 Ancient

i play as a spartan but i dont hate elite players. i dont see any reason to hate someone based on wether they play as a spartan or elite. :p

7. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

Bah Humbug. You read posts very thoroughly.

8. shaba_levi

shaba_levi Ancient

I try, no one ever wants to be that n00b that comments on something already commented about, or posts/fixes false information/errors

9. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

Um elites are better...they need a sword for the elite though...and the shoulderpads

10. Klip LK

Klip LK Ancient

It depends on which game:
    In halo 2, they were COMPLETELY retarded! They had HUGE heads that made them easy victims for good snipers, and weren't so nice looking.
    Now in halo 3, that's a COMPLETELY different story! With the Elite armor permutations, you can decrease your visibility, shrink you head, and make yourself look nicer :D
    But over all, I have to go with the MLJONIR ;)

11. Grif

Grif Na'vi Tits

add a poll to this

12. Klip LK

Klip LK Ancient

Grrr...
    IT'S ON!
    SPARTANS WHOOO!

13. Ty

Ty Guest

I switch on and off, depends what kind of mood i'm in. I've always though Elites where badass though, they just look sweet in their armor.

14. DareDefyMe88

DareDefyMe88 Ancient

Play as a spartan, always have

15. Wraith

Wraith Ancient

I play as a Spartan most, if not all of the time ( Spartan_R14 here, it would be ironic if i played as an Elite ) but I am ok with Elites. Some of the Elite armor is cool, but it is hard to get. I got a friend who absolutely condemns Elites, just because of the fact that their head sticks out some :surprise: but again, I don't really care about whether I am a Spartan or an Elite, except the part about my name.

16. Fastforward

Fastforward Ancient

I'm all Elite except when I play MLG, which isn't very often.

17. Radical Halo

Radical Halo Ancient

i do love elites. their facial detail borders on the scary. hard to beleive thats in game.

But..i <3 my ODST and security helmet..i didnt get 1000/1000 GS(the NON-CHEATING WAY!) to get some commando shoulders..

Oh wait =/

18. DRO Maelstrom

DRO Maelstrom Ancient

I always thought elites were a bit smaller, but man is their head a target from the side view when sniping.

Anyways, I prefer the armor choices with spartans *hyabusa, cough, cough (or rogue and my hyabusa shoulder with an EVA shoulder).

19. Poztar

Poztar Ancient

I used to be an elite until I started playing live. Elites are wider, making them easier targets (especially for no-scoping) and Spartans have cooler armor permutations.

20. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

spartan, tho im actually way worse at shooting elites cuz i try to shoot near the top of the head for spartans, and then i miss elites completely