Spartan City

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Joony Joon, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Joony Joon

Joony Joon Ancient

Spartan City
    Created by Joony Joon (Co-created by ScoobyRex02 and Eck0phile)

Supported Gametypes:
    Slayer, CTF, Assault, Territories, KOTH, Oddball, VIP, Infection, Juggernaut

Map Description
    This is a symmetrical map functional for all standard gametypes. The map consists of 8 "buildings" and a series of connected walkways that make up a second level. There are Man Cannons behind the two opposite rear buildings that serve as elevators to allow for traversing the rooftops. Most of the weapons are on the ground level. I used Invisibility and Overshield power-ups to designate the red and blue sides of the map as well as Custom power-ups for further aesthetics, and they're not usable.

5 Maulers
    2 Sentinel Beams
    2 Shotguns
    2 Spikers
    2 Plasma Rifles
    2 Bruteshots
    2 Needlers
    2 Machine Gun Turrets
    1 Battle Rifle
    1 Carbine
    1 Sniper Rifle
    1 Beam Rifle
    1 Rocket Launcher

4 Frag Grenades
    8 Spike Grenades
    8 Plasma Grenades
    8 Firebombs

Regenerator
    Power Drain
    Bubble Shield
    Grav Lift

View from inside Blue Base (same as from Red Base)
    [​IMG]

View from the back of the map, Red side
    [​IMG]

A closer look at ground level, Blue side
    [​IMG]

I've lurked here on and off for some time and this is my first post. This site is an amazing resource. Looking forward to hearing what you think. Thanks.

Spartan City (Download Link)

Sage likes this.
  2. BlackDistortioN

BlackDistortioN Ancient

It look's Realy Good i like all the Bridges!Realy Good job nice! 4/5

3. drak

drak Ancient

First impression: 3.8/5---first pic i see bridges unflipped....blegh second i see interlocked wall in back, and some powerup aesthetics
    aesthetics: 2.5/5 tip: flip ur bridges over, and interlock more stuff + geomerge
    look of gameplay: 2/5 can't see easily accesible bridges, weapons etc.
    overall: 3.5/5

if you have any questions PM me...

4. TurMoil

TurMoil Ancient

this maps great

5. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

This is a really cool map the post is worth a 4.5 or more not a 3.5 also how can you rate the gameplay 1 have you played it and also you need action shots to get that idea, i would give the map a 4 out of 5 i think it would be good for team slayer

6. Savagesound

Savagesound Ancient

This is pretty good. I like the triangle thing with the fusion cuils but flip the bridges over, it looks better.

7. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper Ancient

well the city looks pretty good but old idea but it seems really cool and u met up to standards gerat job

8. Sage

Sage Ancient

Guys i think the bridges look fine just because people flip the bridges to make it smooth doesnt me you always have to flip the bridges

9. stin10

stin10 Ancient

all i would say is flip the bridges and boxes upside down. other than that, this is a really cool map. it does feel like a city, except gridlocked already gives us a city map.

10. the littel pony

the littel pony Ancient

I like the city idea. But, it could do with some cleaner interlocking with the double boxes and it isn't very smooth where the bridges interlock. If you flip the bridges upside down you would be able to walk straight across.

11. Joony Joon

Joony Joon Ancient

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll get to work on that. I didn't know the city concept had already been done but I'm not surprised, no idea's original. If anyone gets to play on it and has any thought or suggestions about the weapons layout or the flow of the map your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Ryan. K. likes this.
  12. JEEF

JEEF Ancient

needs way more interlocking, to be anywhere near a decent map, take pictures of gameplay, it makes me feel you didnt test it/no one wanted to play it

Ryan. K. likes this.
  13. ryan r teh lol

ryan r teh lol Ancient

The layout is very solid and you Forging is really neat and good but your map is "overloaded" with grenades, it's the best for this type of map to have, always the frag type, and with this map I suggest plasma.

4 Types of grenades and from almost all of them 8 isn't good, so that's actually what kind of destroys this map.
    Maybe fix that and it will give more a Competitive feeling.

The map itself is other then everything great, your Forging is very accurate, which is good and I like to see in maps.

Fix the grenade thingy and this is an awesome map!

Ryan. K. likes this.
  14. Icecikle

Icecikle Ancient

flipping the bridges interlocking geomerging would have all been helpful to your map great post though nice to see more standards meat.
    3/5 I liked your idea.

Ryan. K. likes this.