Space pod, fly the container

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by many popes, Apr 26, 2008.

1. many popes

many popes Ancient

First I want to thank "A big fat rat" (no joke that's his GT) for giving me this idea of making containers fly.

Please post on bungie.net, I really hate bumping

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=20218319 the link

Basically I have made two flying containers on the outdoor part of this map which will automatically take off after 45 seconds.

This map is designed to be used with forge, no custom games (mainly so you can re-start the round)

Preparing for liftoff

Jump into one of the containers at the front, (teabag abit if you get stuck at the front) Both containers are more or less the same, if you want a bumpy ride go in the one on the left, for a smoother ride go on the right.

When you get in you will pick up a grav lift, don't deploy it yet as after 45 seconds a door and placed grav lift will appear, the equipment grav lift is only for re-launching the ship if you crash.

After 45 seconds the grav lift will appear and set you on your flight, to nowhere far. Most of the time you won't fall off the edge. If your lucky the container will start spinning in circles and go mad, this is when the fun starts! Usually connection host will stay in the container at all times, people with weaker connections occasionally get glitched out.

Other stuff to think about

Because forge has no set respawn type you often respawn at one of the default spawn areas, as far as i know there is no way to fix this so you have to fly to the outdoor part.

Sometimes the funnest part is watching where the container ends up after it's gone out the barrier, more often than not it lands on the pelican or fly's straight up over the map.

I wouldn't reccomend having more than 4 people because of lag, people messing around and the size of the space pods interior.

At the start of the game a new round must be started as the "don't spawn at start" rule won't take effect at the start of forge games.

[​IMG]
    Overview
    [​IMG]
    Interior

[​IMG]
    Flying!

#1 many popes, Apr 26, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  2. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

Good god that looks fun

3. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Make a video please :)

4. many popes

many popes Ancient

I can make a vid, but theres no way i can get it on internet.

Really you might aswell spend half the time only dling the map and seeing for yourself.

5. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

I actually have a map that me and orage remi were making that incorporated this into an actual game.

The map we were making has six pods and a simpler system of flying. I never published it because I didn't think it was guilder worthy material. Thanks for posting this, I may just go back and oublish it now.

Your idea looks good, but is a little complex with the number of barriers your have.

6. many popes

many popes Ancient

It's not really complexity, the large amount of barriers was only to stop people falling out. (I also think being crammed into a tiny space and being flung into the air is fun)

7. Mista Skittles

Mista Skittles Ancient

why do they never have those on bigger maps like standoff or sandtrap? that would be so freakin sweet!

8. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

I'm guessing you like flying on airplanes then too

9. many popes

many popes Ancient

Thats what annoys me.

originally i wanted a takeoff pad using double boxes and rats nest was only one with container and d box.

Thinking about it now im not using takeoff pad i could have used last resort. I'm really pissed now!

10. DanHenderson

DanHenderson Ancient

Very Interesting.. Great map though.

11. many popes

many popes Ancient

Haha, classic. I'm no longer pissed off!

Just realised i couldn't have done it on last resort as the sky barrier kills you

#11 many popes, Apr 26, 2008
  12. Metroshell

Metroshell Ancient

Sounds cool.

13. Mista Skittles

Mista Skittles Ancient

aaaawesomeneeeess, buuuut really complicated on how to get in and all...

edit: OH, !@#$ I didnt realize I posted more than once on this, probly cuz i didnt download. sorry

#13 Mista Skittles, Apr 26, 2008
  14. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I've seen this before, only because these idiots I play with did it on Last Resort and thought they were smart by figuring it out.

15. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

16. Dynamic Echo

Dynamic Echo Ancient

Interesting, I will give it a go.

17. Beettaaa

Beettaaa Ancient

I once put a few boxes, deployable covers, and gravs on the edge of rats nest for a hide and seek style cops and robbers game.

18. Deefawlt

Deefawlt Ancient

looks fun ill DL now

jake the snake likes this.
  19. Banana Peel

Banana Peel Ancient

thats really cool

20. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

Yeah, I believe this is old, but it's still awesome. :)
    And at rusty eagle: I thought about doing the same thing, but your awesome(er?) so maybe yours will turn out better.