Snow Cave Blitz

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by Symnoptik, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Symnoptik

Symnoptik Promethean

Snow Cave Blitz is a Mario Kart copy (sort of). It's an original track made by me, but features replicated elements of Mario Kart. It's a simple circuit with a drop, short cut, wide u-turn and thin u-turn. With the gametype, it's first to gain 5 points (I think 4 laps?). You spawn with the basic Team Slayer starters. Assault rifle and Magnum. It requires teams of two for the game to work properly. The driver and the gunner (Mongoose), at the Antennas (More detail about Antennas below) the gunner jumps off, where they'll find 8 weapons. There are two antennas, meaning there are 16 weapons on the map. Plus a Power Weapon; easy to get to but hard to see. Here is a basic over view of the track.
    [​IMG]
    This is the cave that you drop into.
    [​IMG]
    This is the Blue Antenna. Upon making this map I've decided to make more if it seems worth it. And in which case I gave certain weapon spawns a colour. Precision weapons happen to be blue. On this map, it's 4xDMR and 4xNR.
    [​IMG]
    This is the Red Antenna. This is where the close combat weapons spawn, for the people that get sick of drivers being too close. The weapons here are 4xShotgun and 4xSword
    [​IMG]
    This is the Power weapon of the map. Plasma Launcher. It spawns every 2 minutes. As to every other weapon spawning every 10 seconds. It's located in the cave to the right. And just how each other weapon spawn as a colour. White will be the colour of PW's.
    [​IMG]
    This is the spawn/respawn area. If you die, you start back here. Unless your driver/passenger is alive, in which case you spawn back on the mongoose.
    [​IMG]

I will admit there is a bit of frame rate drop at the wide u-turn. But it doesn't impact the track so much to make it impossible to drive on. You have been warned. I may attempt to fix it later, it's probably due to the amount of objects in the one area. Also the light may be a huge factor. The shortcut is at the cave, cutting across the right too the drop. By taking the short cut you give up the ability to gain the power weapon.

So please, give me you thoughts, opinions, and etc on the track and if you would like to see more (Obviously improved). Have fun!

2. SimmonsZore

SimmonsZore Promethean

you should have showed us pics of the mario kart map or a gameplay video so we can relate because I like mario kart remakes but I dont know what this is a remake of

3. Symnoptik

Symnoptik Promethean

It's not a remake of any Track from Mario Kart. It just features elements of Mario Kart. As for the gameplay I'll get some pics for it this weekend.