Snípania v4

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by DoYouLikeWaffle, May 4, 2008.

1. DoYouLikeWaffle

DoYouLikeWaffle Ancient

Map Title: Snípania v4
    A map with a death pit.

Snípania v4
    SNÃPE!

Description:
    v2 Updated with a exploding-pit with a spartan laser inside, also updated so you can't get out of the death pit without a grenade/suiciding

v3 Updated bugs, exploding pit explodes more, smoother looking map.

v4 Updated, working gate in death pit, smoother walls.

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 DoYouLikeWaffle, May 4, 2008
    Last edited: May 9, 2008
  2. Tex

Tex Ancient

ruh-roh! pictures not working!!!

3. xpri2

xpri2 Ancient

4. XxNAPALM FURYxX

XxNAPALM FURYxX Ancient

i agree with xpri2 you should merge and try to make it less sloppy

5. DoYouLikeWaffle

DoYouLikeWaffle Ancient

Everyone says interlock, but the problem I'm having is getting things straight.
    I'll try to make it straighter, but I can't do that much to make it straighter. I might interlock the death pit though.

6. halo00178

halo00178 Ancient

ok a few problems with map: #1 dont call it v2 or v3 if you just change a couple of objects. the volume means you totally redesign the map. #2 try and make the objects strait and also make everything look fluent because these maps are suposed to take time and come out looking good. the good news is that the idea of the map is good. IM NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU FOR WHEN U MAKE ANOTHER MAP.

7. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Yes, I do like waffles, but that's beside the point. I think you have a good idea going here, but this is very messy

8. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

how old r u? ania at the end and sloppy map must be a youngster

9. DoYouLikeWaffle

DoYouLikeWaffle Ancient

ok a few problems with map: #1 dont call it v2 or v3 if you just change a couple of objects. the volume means you totally redesign the map. #2 try and make the objects strait and also make everything look fluent because these maps are suposed to take time and come out looking good. the good news is that the idea of the map is good. IM NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU FOR WHEN U MAKE ANOTHER MAP. 1. I can call it what I want. 2. I tried to make them straight, otherwise it would've only taken me an hour. It's very sloppy but I'll try to fix that in the next version.

10. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

i see your new here. you should check out the Forging 101 articles they have here at forgehub. they helped me a lot. they could also help you make this map a lot better and even better maps to come. just a suggestion.

11. Phreakie

Phreakie Ancient

all i can say is...o_O"

12. DoYouLikeWaffle

DoYouLikeWaffle Ancient

Okay, I'm updating it, currently I've added a gate to the death pit, and cleaner walls, going to finish up the walls and post it again.

13. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

You tried to make them straight and the still turned out like that? Seriously dude, there must either be something wrong with you, or you're like 7 years old.

14. DoYouLikeWaffle

DoYouLikeWaffle Ancient

Updated map and pictures, looks much better now.

15. JJ3672

JJ3672 Ancient

I see a mystical floating turret...don't know what that's all about.

And I really suggest that you just close down this thread, put some serious work into cleaning up the map until everything is straight, and then repost it as a final version.

16. LXV Grizzly

LXV Grizzly Ancient

This map looks extremely sloppy, you should put a lot more time into it, dont just throw things together to get it done, take your time.

17. DoYouLikeWaffle

DoYouLikeWaffle Ancient

You guys are really just jerks.
    I spent nearly 20 hours on this map total, not to mention nearly all the walls ARE straight.
    I'm not going to interlock the walls just because you retarded jerks want the walls smooth, not just straight.

Not to mention JJ's map looks crappy, and half of LXV's maps are crappy and the other half look incredibly boring and maze-like.
    Oh sure, I'm rude for posting this? I'm just judging the same way you guys did- without any thought about if the map is fun or not.

#17 DoYouLikeWaffle, May 9, 2008
    Last edited: May 10, 2008
  18. LXV Grizzly

LXV Grizzly Ancient

death pits, floating turrets and flame throwers (i think its in the last pic) arent really a good idea for a competetive map. And making yourself grenad/suicide is more of a casual map thing. Also, the walls on the house in the middle and the stairs look crooked, try fixing those up and interlocking more, it would really make it look a lot nicer. do that and straighten things up and i think that you would have a pretty good map.

wow, since people didnt like your map, (which isnt BAD) you just call us jerks and say that our maps all "suck", really cool...

#18 LXV Grizzly, May 9, 2008
    Last edited: May 9, 2008
  19. hangman3745

hangman3745 Ancient

Pretty sloppy from what I see from these pics,get more pics,do more interlocking,and maybe ill like it a little better.

20. Tex

Tex Ancient

ok, now that i can see the pics, i just have a few things to say, for instance, it does look a little sloppy, but for the layout, not bad, especially where you worked around the crane...that was such a good part in my opinion