Debate Smoking.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Playerhata27, Jun 20, 2008.

1. chromebandit

chromebandit Ancient

I agree with Norlinsky and here's why.
    1) I live in an urban Seattle neighborhood. No smokers here.
    2) I can tell a smoker right away. And let me tell you, it does not smell good.
    3) The only reason people smoke is because it's addicting, it's a depressant, and smoking pretends to relieve stress.

Don't smoke people, we like you the way you are.

2. IcedFrappuccino

IcedFrappuccino Ancient
    Banned

You just aren't that bright, are you? If you would have watched for even more than 30 seconds after I told you, then you would have realized that the video stated that there were more people in rehab for marijuana than any other drug or substance. They go on to further explain why. When a person has the option of either going to rehab or going to jail, most people choose rehab. I would. Our government gets to reap that statistic and make it seem like marijuana is the most addictive drug, when it isn't. 98% of those people in rehab aren't addicted. They just got caught with simple posession and chose to go to rehab. The video also goes on to state that coffee is more addicting than marijuana. Do you know any coffee addicts because I don't? Marijuana isn't physically addictive as you say. At the MOST is might be psychologically addictive for some people.

3. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

I know many coffee addicts. Hell, I know Red Bull addicts...

4. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Again, apologies for not having the patience to watch the video due to buffering. While people in possession of Marijuana may not be full addicts of the substance, its ignorant to say there are absolutely no addicts of marijuana. Physically addictive may not be in its best usage, but it sure is a criteria for this certain substance addiction.

Really though, this is withering away from the original debate. I'm sorry, but I'm going to end the Marijuana/Addictive debate with this post.

5. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

My government teacher is addicted to drinking mouthwash, i assume he is an alcoholic to some extent.

6. RampaginFetus

RampaginFetus Ancient

My dad is a coffee addict. He didn't have any the other day and got a serious migraine. Like 10 minutes after his first cup it went away. Kinda the same with marijuana, it causes your body to get so used to it that you think you need it.

7. many popes

many popes Ancient

Where I am smoking seems to be dying out. Nearly everone in my school pretty much hates smokers and the smokers are cut off into there own little community.

8. EGP

EGP Ancient

This is a very interesting debate and I will give my thoughts about it. Feel free to disagree but there is not much to disagree about.

Ok smoking obviosly is a problem throughout the United States now days. People are dying from lung cancer, and it is a disease that can be stopped.

It is very hard for people to stop smoking. My dad used to smoke but before I was born he stopped. I have made the choice not to smoke, and nobody will ever covince me to.

Once a person smokes they are inflicting permanent damage to their lungs. The only possible way to lower lung cancer in the united states is to simply ban smoking. This would be very hard to do, people will still smoke.

That concludes my opinion, and yes I would love to have smoking banned.

The

9. FR0ZEN FEARS

FR0ZEN FEARS Ancient

Smoking is obviously bad and and an irresponsible thing to do, but making it illegal is about as likely that getting drunk will ever become illegal.

On the other hand, smoking while pregnant and with children should be illegal. Birth defects and second-hand smoke is a horrible thing to get.

10. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Exactly, we need somewhat of a compensation. We know the likely financial outcomes if we do bar smoking. But we know the health effects it does if we don't set it aside. Any thoughts?