Smear the Pinkie

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by bozzer123, Sep 15, 2010.

1. bozzer123

bozzer123 Forerunner

I fixed the gametype that goes with this so it works now. Don't ruin the game by using guns to kill the zombies.
    Honour rules are required: No Guns, no beat-downs from humans and no Shooting from vehicles i.e revenant, ghosts or warthogs

ORIGINAL MAP BY - Seaboro Kibbles (sorry for not giving credit straight away its just that every time i plaed on H3 it had a different creator so i wasn't sure who to put)

This is a remake of Smear the Pinky for halo 3. It may be known by another name but i dont know if i can post it here.

It is just two rooms built in the colluseum of Forge world. One room is where the humans spawn with the vehicles and the other is the arena where the zombies spawn.

If you fail to leave the First room after 70 seconds warning lights will flash followed by death by killballs. I did this because it annoyed me on Halo 3 when people stayed in the first room.

The Humans can't do any damage with guns, instead they have to 'smear' the zombies using a variety of vehicles. The zombies spawn with a Sword and a Plasma Pistol. The zombies have to kill the humans that are trying to splatter them. The Zombies are forced to the pink colour, hence the name.

I've tested this with 4 players and it was fun but theoretically it could work with up to 16 players as there are enough spawn points

Any feedback is appreciated and i will try to make changes to improve based on feedback

Pics:
    Room 1 (human span area)
    [​IMG]

Room 2 (areana)
    [​IMG]

#1 bozzer123, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2010
  2. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Ancient

First of all, you didn't credit the creator of the original, Seaboro Kibbles.

And second of all, you didn't get his permission to remake it.

Lock?

3. Seaboro Kibbles

Seaboro Kibbles Ancient

No worries, you have my approval bozzer. Did you try using the soft kill zone to make people leave? With a sleek big one way door it should be simple to get out of there in time. I would have done this in the canyon, because the hills may be interesting; food for thought if you're thinking of making a sequel.

4. Gamerguy45

Gamerguy45 Ancient

You need permission to remake something? What happened to Fair Use? Is this website less unforgiving then the american legal system... Really?

5. Spartanchief34

Spartanchief34 Forerunner

I had the same idea for a for a smear the quer remake, a soft kill barrier for the vehicle room, I didn't even think about the vehicle teleporters though, also I though it would be smart to round off the edges and corner to make it hadder for the zombies to camp. For the human spawn i thought that the humans should spawn above the kill barrier, fall in to the vehicle area, and have ten seconds to chose a vehicle and leave, this would let the humans be able to spawn and get a new vehicle if their's was destroyed.

For the map, you didn't need to add that hill, or even put the vehicle pen in the collosiem at all, you could put it in a different area, like say right above the collosiem on the perfectly flat plain. Also there seem to be to many warthogs and mongeese (which seemed to be liabilities (when inexperienced player inevitably think its a good idea get in one) and the reverent might be over powered with there great staving, boosting, and morter turret.

As I said above, I was thinking of making a remake earlier and I was wondering if I could have the permission to do so, i would be using the suggestions I made above plus some extras, please get back to me Seaboro Kibbles, this would be greatly appreciated.

*Idea for my name for it Revenge of the Queers, let it it simmer.
    Also, please, please nobody steal this name

#5 Spartanchief34, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  6. Seaboro Kibbles

Seaboro Kibbles Ancient

Permission granted. I would avoid using the word *****; then again a certain spectral member who elevated this semantic matter has left now.... Meh it's offensive, no matter how catchy it is, I wouldn't advise it.

Its more of a respect thing. Though I agree, it shouldn't be locked, and don't think the lack of credit is an issue.

#6 Seaboro Kibbles, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  7. Blazeinator

Blazeinator Ancient

I have one question in this. In the Kamikaze map thread, the guy said that in reach you can't have it so that zombies do no damage but can still splatter. Is this the same of humans, therefore requiring honor rules?

8. Hat

Hat Guest

What? How does that have to do with the map. Zombies can't drive.

9. Sam

Sam Ancient

His point is that in Halo: Reach, 0% damage modifier prevents you from splattering unlike in Halo 3.

10. MaxSterling

MaxSterling Ancient

If the revenant can fire, I can see a lot of jackasses using it to screw others.

11. bozzer123

bozzer123 Forerunner

hm ill check the revenenant when i get home and i fixed the Original credit thing. Thanks for understanding

12. Sam

Sam Ancient

This gametype does not work properly. Humans cannot smear the pinkies. Damage modifier is set to 0%, which means splatters can't happen.

The only way this game will work is with an honor rule once you set the humans' damage modifier back to normal, I think.

#12 Sam, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  13. bozzer123

bozzer123 Forerunner

right ok ill try and fix it. Is their any way to set ammo to none?

Sam can you or someone make a gametype that would work? because im a little bit out of my depth here. I dont mind honour rules

#13 bozzer123, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2010
  14. Szorvex Co

Szorvex Co Ancient

Sucks that we can't remake this. I tried all sorts of combinations but it didn't come to anything. I was however thinking of making a reverse game, the zombie is the one in the ghost and the humans have huge non-recharging shields or something. Doubt it would work as well.

Maybe with some inventive use of shield doors, you could make it harder to use the ghosts guns. But then the plasma pistol would be blocked as well...

15. bozzer123

bozzer123 Forerunner

#15 bozzer123, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  16. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Forerunner

Thanks for fixing the gametype. Works perfect now as long as you dont have a douche friend that cant stick to the rule of no guns. I love what you've done with that gravlift door.
    Nice Work. Keep it up

17. bozzer123

bozzer123 Forerunner

Wow thanks for all the support. Just found my V2 gametype on the first page of the most downloaded gametypes list on reach. :D

Edit:- also found it on the 3 or 4 th page of most recomended gametypes :D:D:D Thankyou guys

#17 bozzer123, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  18. SpreadTanTheMan

SpreadTanTheMan Legendary