Small dominion map.

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by Ultimatebailer, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Ultimatebailer

Ultimatebailer Promethean

I will not go in to many details in the text, cuz my video explains it all.The map is not named yet as i wanted too test it before realese.My gamertag is ultimatebailer feel free to send me a friens request ore message regarding the map. If the video dosent show up on this site there will be a link, im not really good with computers, Hope to see you on this map and thx for your time. :)

The fine art of forgeing episode 2: First map preview. - YouTube

2. Sup3rNo7a

Sup3rNo7a Promethean

Hey, I can't play right now, but I'd be happy to help you test this map. It looks pretty nice from your video, so far, and I've taken a liking to Dominion pretty quickly after a few matchmaking games.

Feel free to add me and send me an invite when you get around to testing (or I'll add you next time I'm on, either way).

(Note that I don't have a mic at the moment, though, mine shorted out)

3. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

I must say that I don't like the use of the prefab buildings, it's bearable though. I'm liking how your trying a smaller dominion map. I feel like there will be lots of BTB dominion maps. The sides of the bases look like they could use some cover because it is completely empty there. Anyways it looks nice overall, I just feel like the forging could have been smoother in some places.

4. Ultimatebailer

Ultimatebailer Promethean

I really like dominion too. I will ad you if you havent done it so thx for your help. :)

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Thx for your feedback, that was exatly what i was looking for. Keep in mind that im very new too this so im not the best. Im not sure what prefab buildings are but i will probally get better along the way. :)

#4 Ultimatebailer, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  5. Sup3rNo7a

Sup3rNo7a Promethean

"Prefab" means the building structures provided for you in-game.

Most forgers tend to prefer the use of custom-made buildings made using the available block pieces rather than the actual buildings. I'm a little less picky about that, but I understand the reasoning in that it helps avoid all 'bases' in people's maps just being the same.

I would agree with Waterfall about the use of some more cover looking at it again, though. There are some places that could use some more line-of-sight blocking so someone can't just stand at one base and 'snipe' people at all the others.

#5 Sup3rNo7a, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  6. HadiPlays

HadiPlays Promethean

How does dominion work? From the video it seems like domination from cod.
    You should definitely place some sort of power weapon on the bridge though, because it seems kind of pointless/unrewarding for anyone to run up there though. Nice looking start to a map though.