Foundry Slim-Slam "Sport of the Ages"

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by BattleCzar, Sep 20, 2009.

1. BattleCzar

BattleCzar Ancient

Slim-Slam
    (SSo)
    "The Sport of the Ages"

[​IMG]

Requirements: Links to File-share below:
    - Slim-Slam 5v5 O (Game)
    - Slim-Slam 5v5 OC (Map)
    - Foundry
    - At least 3 Other People (2v2)

History Behind Slim-Slam
    :

*SKIP IF YOU WANT!

Many a millennium ago, before the Covenant fought mankind, there lived a Grunt. This Grunt was a curious Grunt, constantly exploring the wilderness looking for things of interest. He ventured into the fabled 'Courtyard of Prophets' (non-canon), searching for adventure but what he found was a pedestal. Upon that pedestal was a stone. The Slim or also known as the 'bomb'. He and his friends took turns passing the ball and running through the courtyard, to the opposite corner. Each point exploding in a glorious fiery inferno. Until the Brutes came. They played brutally, killing the grunts that played alongside them. Then the brutes forgot how to play, losing the game forever... UNTIL NOW!

Introduction (Short):
    Take the ball to the wall.
    Repeat x5.

Introduction (Long):

Slim-Slam is game mode and map variant combination that combine to provide an intense as hell game. By simply swinging your sword or holding the ball, you're in fact enjoying the game! Basically, you have a sword and an objective: take the ball to the opposite corner! You can use your skill, the man-cannons and ramps to assist you. First to 5 wins!

Rules:
    + NO Wall Walking! IT'S JUST PLAIN ANNOYING.
    + NO Spawn Killing! LOOK UP. ^
    + Teamwork please! AN UNORGANIZED TEAM IS A BAD TEAM.

Features:

The Wall:
    /the main obstacle in the game. its there when you need it least and, not when you do. use the ramps and man-cannons to get up and over it.
    Yes, the wall is crooked and unlocked.

[​IMG]

---

The Barricades:
    /basically keeps you in the game. should you enter it, go into the teleporter.
    The locking here is missing, and I need to block the corners that aren't signs. Also, the Teles need to be moved.

[​IMG]

---

The Man-non!
    /this thing is here as a catapult and as an escape tool. use it wisely.
    You can clearly see huge cracks in the wall.

[​IMG]

---

The Ball Spawn and Goal-Zone:
    /it's where the ball begins and where it ends. how you get it there is up to you.
    !THE DROP ZONE IS BESIDE THE SPAWNS, ON THE RIGHT IN THE CORNER!

[​IMG]

---

Good luck, have fun and comment!

(Criticize constructively so I can build upon it!)

P.S. PLEASE EXCUSE THE CRAPPY MERGING/INTERLOCKING/LACK OF POLISH. I'M CLEANING. OXY STYLE.

#1 BattleCzar, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  2. spazmonkey92

spazmonkey92 Ancient

wow, um ok where to start...

since the new discovery of geomerging at the touch of a button your map could be a million times better.

1. merge any or every item on the map
    2.need pictures of spawns and have them in a good place.
    3. better description of how the game works...

what is sounds like, you climb the wall, then grab the bomb and then you win?

it looks like a very bleaque and dull map.
    dont try to re-create grifball it doesnt work.... like ever....

EDIT: woop 1st!!!

3. Souperintendent

Souperintendent Ancient

This looks a lot like my very first Foundry map...

Nevertheless that was a long time ago. Yeah, it looks OK, but I don't get it. Can you describe it more? Maybe merge those Fence Boxes, too.

[EDIT:] OK, I realize it's basically Grifball with a line in the middle.

#3 Souperintendent, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  4. Benzu Akamaru

Benzu Akamaru Ancient

Uh... take a look at other maps posted on Forgehub, so you can get an idea of what people expect from people. And also look at Forging 101 so you can learn to be good, too.

5. Wizzer69Gizzer

Wizzer69Gizzer Ancient

well unlike these people, i think it has the right idea, you should merge things together(it makes the world a lot easier.). however, it gives more of a challenge to griffball because of some peoples strategies in that game, like i played with people who moved forward awith the ball and pushed them back till we were spawn killing them so we could plant it.

but for a tip, the sets of stairs on the sides, i would add walls on them so people would have to climb up the stairs rather than jumping off halfway, you can still hit people through walls ;)