Skyway to Hell

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Hypnotoad, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad Ancient

Skyway to Hell
    Race to your death for the win!

This is a one-way race track on Foundry that takes place almost entirely in the air. The point is to be the first one to make it all the way to the ceiling and fall into a pit full of fusion coils where the VIP scoring zone is. In other words, everyone is racing to be the first to blow themselves up. :)

The game that goes with this map is Death Race. It's set up for 10 rounds, and it has one point penalties for killing another player or killing yourself, because this track also has a Bungie 500-style suicide box for people who try to beat the course on foot. Sticking with the hell theme, if you go to the box you have to set yourself on fire with the firebomb grenades provided. (Actually, if you were playing for real, you'd probably just want to sit in the cage until the end of the round to avoid the -1 penalty.)

The track is too complicated to describe completely without using a ton of pictures, so here are just a few to give you an idea:
    [​IMG]
    Gentle banked turn
    [​IMG]
    To give you an idea of how high this track is, this is as close to an overhead view as I could get.
    [​IMG]
    One player commits suicide in the penalty box while the orange player goes for the win (which also happens to be suicide).
    [​IMG]
    The winner. The explosion is much bigger than it looks in this picture, because the initial blast blew the other coils to the outside, where they're exploding out of frame.

Hope you enjoy, and please leave feedback.

Download Skyway to Hell
    Download Death Race

2. Cr0ok3d

Cr0ok3d Ancient

It looks pretty fun and smooth so I will take a look. Got it queued.

3. x blade x68

x blade x68 Ancient

Amazing a lot of effort looks fun. But can you message me because i have no idea how you have so many supplies.

4. Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad Ancient

I used up the entire budget, but I didn't do anything special to get more supplies than normal, so I'm not sure what I would message you about. I wish I had had more, because I had room to keep going, but by the time I got near the ground (I started building from the top) I looked at my budget and realized I had to stop right there.

5. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

The only dislike I have about this map is the fact that you designed it on Foundry. Out of all the maps to choose from, I believe that there is indeed better choices, even though Foundry offers so many new objects and scenery. The map looks clean and well thoughout however. Good job.

6. E Wall23

E Wall23 Ancient

Queued for download (spell check?) Um I will edit this post once i actually play the map. Looks promising

7. x blade x68

x blade x68 Ancient

This is really cool

8. Dathomsta

Dathomsta Ancient

looks so awesome i'm downloading it right now

9. Codexx

Codexx Ancient

Oooh, shiny, pretty explosions. I'll make a note to check it out.

I think it could use some work though. Like most race maps, there are benefits to be reaped from the Unlimited Budget glitch.

10. marquis madness

marquis madness Ancient

not that original name, but I love the "Dont touch the ground" idea. suicide adds a nice effect :squirrel_shiftyeyes:

11. Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad Ancient

Has someone used Skyway to Hell before? I was going for a play on words with the AC/DC song.

12. TheSwamp015

TheSwamp015 Ancient

this is good