Sandbox Skyrena

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by frog on stilts, Aug 18, 2010.

1. frog on stilts

frog on stilts Ancient

Skyrena

I had a hard time deciding whether to post this as a competitive map, or as a casual map, as it can be both. The concept for this map is to deliver fast-paced competition with randomly distributed sources of advantages and disadvantages. It's a hilarious kind of gameplay, and I invite you to find a couple of friends to try it out with. This has got to be one of my funnest maps to play on.

[​IMG]

Gametype and Technical Information:
    The gametype is called Time King. It's mother gametype is King of the Hill. Every player is given two random weapons, and everyone gets a point per second in the hill, regardless of whether it's contested.

Teams can be turned on in the gametype. When activated, each team member contributes points for their presence in the hill. (This means that in a 2v2 game, when both members of the same team are in the hill, that team gets 2 points per second).

The game is set to end in seven minutes, but I've been told it's fun to make the match run indefinitely.

Every player starts in a room with a teleporter. This is how I'm able to randomize where they end up. In KotH, players usually just respawn at the furthest location away from the hill, so it's not legitimately random to use respawn points for the entrances.​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The arena has four man-cannon entrances, (each with their own exit-node) plus there are two vehicle platforms, (each with two exit-nodes). This means that the odds of fighting on foot or fighting with a vehicle are fifty-fifty.

Each vehicle platform has a ghost, a chopper, a scorpion, a wraith, a gauss warthog, a hornet and a banshee, as well as a turret.​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the surface itself:
    • Two Mongooses
    • One Warthog
    • One Prowler
    • One Flamethrower
    • One Sentinel Beam
    • Two Fuel Rod Cannons

Like I said, there are four man-cannon entrances, each with different equipment:
    • Power Drain
    • Bubble Shield
    • Regenerator
    • Trip Mine + 1 Firebomb Grenade

[​IMG]
    Action Shots:
    Having played only four matches (with only three or four players) it's not difficult to find plenty of action-packed screenshots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will be extremely happy to recreate this in Reach, I just wish I would have posted it sooner, it seems like a fitting variant for Halo 3's Action Sack playlist, if accomplishing that was ever possible. Again, I invite you to try it out, and tell me how your games went down.

2. xMLGx InStINcTx

xMLGx InStINcTx Forerunner

looks awesome!! I love games like this, never played with wraths and hornets, just mongeese and warthogs and ghosts. Looks clean, nice and smooth, great job just by the looks of it! Love the way you enter the arena too, nice job!

3. Vantier Raleigh

Vantier Raleigh Forerunner

Well you chose right with casual lol.
    Competitive map's should generally have your normal map layout AKA look at halo's built in maps. And competitive map's are usually able to play at least a couple of the built in gametypes. AKA Slayer, 2 flag, assault.etc
    there are always rare exceptions though.......but by the looks of it this aint one of them lol

PS.Ill edit this reply with map feedback as soon as i get a chance to download it.ely cant post this as competitive though. If 1 team was strategic enough they would just have to put 1 guy behind each receiver node and then the rest would be in the middle capturing the hill and aiming at the corner receiver noded ready to kill whoever shoots out of them.

Overall it was a pretty fun map. but definitely dont put this on if your in a game with a bunch of MLG tryhards lol

EDIT: it was overall pretty fun. You definit

#3 Vantier Raleigh, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2010