SkyBomb v2.0

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by PbPePPer72, Aug 19, 2008.

1. PbPePPer72

PbPePPer72 Ancient

Hi! I have created a very fun and addicting mini game that can be hours of fun! SkyBomb 2.0 is not your ordinary mini game!

v2.0, rebuilt from the ground up, includes smoother surfaces, better looks, better game play, and a better map all together!

It is a LOT harder for rebels to try and assassinate the zombie, at least with the updated game type.

[​IMG]

Humans: You job is very simple. Pick either the red, yellow, or blue open single box to hide in. Complete this task before the timer gets to 0:40, or you will be locked out and faced with death. Kind of an honor rule on this part, but I'll get to that later.

That's pretty much it. Just keep quiet and don't give away your location.

Zombie: The Zombie Spawns in a distant room holding a blocked teleporter, a four bullet sniper, and a soccer ball for your enjoyment. Pick up the sniper and wait 20 seconds for the teleporter to be unblocked. Advance forward. Once on top of the single box, take out any cheaters with your sword (save the sniper ammo). Rebels only seem to rebel once. After that they learn their lesson.

Now, try and guess which open box the most humans are hiding in. Once you have guessed, aim directly above the box you want. Snipe the pallet holding the fusion coil four times (Do not snipe the fusion coil). If you have guessed correctly, the fusion coil rockets down and blows up the helpless victims.

Tactics: You can either hide alone or all hide in one great pile. The more people playing, the more fun it can be!

This is where kill streaks start rolling in, which are always fun.

Honor rule (kind of):
    Some Rebels like hiding in places the zombie cant see right away. There is not really anything i can do about this except give them a negative amount of points for a zombie assassination. Play fair kids!

This is not meant to be a very long game. It is suppose to be a very fun game in a maximum of 10 minutes.

I recommend putting it on invite only, and explaining to your party how to play, since it is confusing at first.

Anyway, here are the pictures!

[​IMG]
    An overview

[​IMG]
    Inside one of the boxes... Ha. scroll up and down quickly, it makes it look like the fusion coils are dancing =P

[​IMG]
    Another overview

[​IMG]
    The stairs to the top of the box look much nicer in v2.0. No more having to jump onto sideways doors.

[​IMG]
    A foolish rebel gets put to rest (from v1.0)

Problems:

Once in a Blue moon, the fusion coil will drop and land in the box, but will not explode. This is usually a result of lag.

Also, when the rebels get killed, the zombie can then pick up their pistol and use it to try to sky bomb two towers. No one has succeeded in this because the time ran out.

Also, some people new to the game snipe the fusion coil, not the pallet...

That's pretty much it! Hope you enjoy the map and gametype!

PbPePPer72

(updated!) SkyBomb v2.0 Map:
    http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=51289351

(updated!) Are you lucky gametype:
    Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

#1 PbPePPer72, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
    Gamer720 and monkeyrantz like this.
  2. V3SPH

V3SPH Ancient

Looks like fun, but what if the zombie snipes all three pallets?

4/5 for now.

3. IEklypseI

IEklypseI Ancient

There isn't enough ammo in the sniper. It has 4 bullets, which is only enough for 1 pallet (he said no spare clips...).

This is a unique minigame. I reccomend making the zombie have the highest possible shields and shortest recharge time, and the humans have a 0% damage modifier to avoid cheating by shooting the zombie (If that has been stated, I apologize, I didn't see it).

4. Cleaverkurd

Cleaverkurd Ancient

this map looks pretty good 3/5 but it could use more interlocking and geomerging to make it better

5. PbPePPer72

PbPePPer72 Ancient

I didnt state it, but the game variant has all of that covered. The only way to kill the zombie is by assassination, which decreases your score, and may lead to a boot, depending on the leader. Oh and the 0% damage modifier makes it so you can shoot the fusion coils without betraying your teammates, which can be oh so annoying.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

#5 PbPePPer72, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  6. monkeyrantz

monkeyrantz Ancient

looks fun ill download regardless of problems, good job, 4/5
    damn those rebels!
    looks like fun tho!

7. IEklypseI

IEklypseI Ancient

I just noticed something you might want to do... Try placing a horizontal shield door over the top of each chute/box. This prevents the humans from all opening fire on the fusion coil. (I found that when groups of humans saw the zombie shooting the pallet over them, they would gang up and shoot the coil right when the last bullet destroyed the pallet, thereby stopping the coil before it got to them. Continued fire could destroy the coils when they respawned.) The coil usually got them in the end, but this can be annoying at times. A shield door would stop the humans from destroying the coil, but you'd have to place it high enough that the humans can't team-jump above it to live.

That brings me to my next idea: Use the spare man-cannons and place them at the top of each chute (facing downwards, of course), so that once the humans pick a box, they are not able to team-jump back out of it or away from the ensuing explosion.

8. PbPePPer72

PbPePPer72 Ancient

Shooting the fusion coil in the air does nothing. The 0% damage modifier makes it so they cant blow up the fusion coils... solving the problem. also, the fusion coils don't respawn.

And I tried the man cannon thing when i was first making the map. Didn't really look to good, plus all the fusion coils in the box got messed up. If they did jump out, the zombie could just get them anyway.

I appreciate your comment though =)

9. IEklypseI

IEklypseI Ancient

Then again, maybe I should use the correct gametype when I test the map...

10. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

this sounds like a lot of fun. and nice job on putting the rebels to sleep. but u should make it so the players r forced into a box (if u haven't already) so rebellions r just sitting out in the open. and make zombies invulnerable

11. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

This is like that game from Mario Party! It was like, there are three barrels to hide in, and the 1 player who isn't supposed to hide gets to pick which barrel to blow up.

Anyways, props for recreating a great Mario Party game.

12. PbPePPer72

PbPePPer72 Ancient

Dude, you are my hero. I was wondering if someone was going to bring that up. I absolutely loved that mario party mini game and it is exactly what i based it off of =)

13. Tydo

Tydo Ancient

I have a question what if the zombie doesnt get everyone in one box, does it just time out?

14. PbPePPer72

PbPePPer72 Ancient

Yea, 1:00 minute per round.

15. VGI dYn4sTy

VGI dYn4sTy Ancient

dude its ok you need to interlock and geomerge more stuff then it will look a lot better

16. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

looks really unique. i think i will dl and play in about an hour because my dl thig is full at the moment good job tho

17. Sargen Piepa

Sargen Piepa Ancient

Seems cool ill dl when i got space... stupid 100 custom limit.

18. PbPePPer72

PbPePPer72 Ancient

I'm in the process of making a much better map for both gameplay and looks. Rebels will not be able to hide, the Boxes will be much smoother, the containers are pushed into the ground to make a nice smooth hole, and to keep the zombie busy while he waits for the teleporter to be unblocked, a soccer ball will be added.

Rebuilt from the ground up, SkyBomb v2.0 is comming soon!

19. ICanHazH34DSH0T

ICanHazH34DSH0T Ancient

The piont of the map is not neatness. It is for playability. If you can't stand the sight of non-interlocked materials, i suggest closing your eyes. The map is ingenious and plays perfect, there is no need for interlockz.

20. RacoonSniper 13

RacoonSniper 13 Ancient

Is this game from mario party...great game 10/5