Sky War

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by XxWITHAMxX, Nov 27, 2008.

1. XxWITHAMxX

XxWITHAMxX Ancient

this map is based off the map sky war on the map standoff. i wanted to make a newer version. you can play 1 sided flag, slayer, and/or team slayer. there are teleporters on the map when you fall.

[​IMG]
    crossing

[​IMG]
    defenders base

[​IMG]
    attackers base

Bungie.net : Bungie Online : Halo 3 File Details

there will be a v2 coming out soon. this was bsicly a beta. i wanted to hear from you guys to see what i could improve on. now its back to my room for further more testing and forging. ill expand the bases and make small jumping pads to get to the other side so that you dont always have to use the sheild doors. but for how wide the sheild doors are, i cannot and will not because i dont want it to be to easy to cross. but i do assure that the bases will be expanded, that there will be jumping pads, and that there will be less slopyness. but you must remember that this is the first map that ive been serious about. and the first post i put up on forgehub.com.if you find any other problems with the map please inform me and ill see what im able to do.

#1 XxWITHAMxX, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  2. SoLo92

SoLo92 Ancient

this is pretty interesting. so u "skip" across the shield doors right?
    the actual bases could be better but the concept is great and original

3. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I remember the shield door bridge from another map. Forgot what it was called, but it was on Foundry, and it might have had 'Eagle' in its name. Anyways, I always thought it was a neat gimmick to add to a map, and I think it should definitely be incorporated into more maps.

4. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

The only problem I see with this is that people will fall off a lot when skipping across the shield doors. I like the idea though. Both bases are good, even if they are small. Eh, what the heck, 4/5. It's a good start, and if I were you I would make a version 2 of this where the bases are larger (much larger, I know you have more objects) and where you can bounce along the shield doors without falling all the way down to the snow below.

5. evilution101

evilution101 Ancient

This is a very interesting map. You hop across the shield doars on a mongoose and then their is another base at the other end of the bridge and you kill the people from the other side of the map. I think this is a very original Idea but you could have done better with the bases. The bases look like they were done fairly fast and do look a little sloppy. you also could have given a few more pictures so we see what else is in the map. i would have also liked to see a better description. Overall, the map looks ok from what pictures you have given us so i give it a 3.7/5 and i will download and see what else is on the map.

6. Jebus1001

Jebus1001 Ancient

I remember that one... Except I thought it was like Bounce Hill or something (althoughI may be completely wrong) and you had to bounce you mongoose to the hill and then use a Sp'Laser to stop the others from joining you in the hill

Anyway, back to this map... It looks pretty decent but what happens if you fall? Are there teles or do you have to kill yourself?

7. Gun Down

Gun Down Ancient

The idea is cool but it may not be fun with people falling down. Id put some "flying" on the map. 3/5

8. GeneralCupcakes

GeneralCupcakes Ancient

I've played a map like this on Standoff. I like the idea but it needs more base. Other than inside you have no outdoor cover. A lot of camping could be involved in this.

Originality 4/5

Overall 3.5/5

9. brett3123

brett3123 Ancient

i played something like this on standoff but it really annoyed me cause when you get over there they have every powerhouse weapon and it was one hit kill on infection

10. JJ3672

JJ3672 Ancient

1. Yes, this has been done before. Doesn't mean that it can't be done again, but everyone marveling at this "new and original idea" should know that the novelty has somewhat worn out by now. Need proof? Check out the standoff map (Azure Warpath) in my sig...

2. Your bridge is crooked and too narrow. Maybe you happen to have the technique down to perfection, but everyone else would appreciate a bridge at least two shield doors wide.

3. Major spawn issues are unavoidable on such a small and linear map. Expand the bases and perhaps make a longer way between them that doesn't involve the mongeese and shield doors. Clean it up a bit while your at it, seems rather sloppy at the moment.

That would be all...