Sky Pyramid

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by LIGHTSOUT225, Apr 18, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

20.8%
  2. Okay

5.4%
  3. Average

12.1%
  4. Good

29.5%
  5. Great

32.2%
  1. Fido352

Fido352 Ancient

this map was very good, its not like the other racetracks that only had enogh room for one car, it had plenty of space to have fun

2. Minime637

Minime637 Ancient

ah good i am very glad to see this really great race map featureed, i think this was one of the first Sandbox maps i downloaded and loved mack in march. congrats this is well worth the feature.

3. sethkasketch

sethkasketch Ancient

very good race map, well worth the feature.
    that much interlocking of that standard must have taken a long time.
    i have only three criticisms.

It's very simple, which is fine, the simplicity is part of what makes it a fun map.

The grav lifts at the end reswawn in 180 seconds. With most race gametypes you could shoot and destroy these and just sit on the finish line, so i would make them instant respawn.

and the inside of the pyramid looks a bit messy. But, seriously, who's going to stop to admire the scenary in a race?

The grav lifts need to be fixed, or else you can get a point ever 10 seconds. Honor rules always make a race map worse.
    Fix them, and it will be an amazing map
    9/10

4. CR4ZY S1ICK

CR4ZY S1ICK Ancient

I think the map is nice and smooth.Its clean when you race.

5. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

Wow this is an awesome racing map. I forged on it to see everything that you did to make this and it is very creative. If you are looking for people to help make racing maps, so am I. Message me on live if you are interested. (I am somewhat new to making maps, but I'm good at coming up with ideas and putting them together)

6. kingstick07

kingstick07 Ancient

very good map, 5/5
    is Doognit's race map going to get featured or what?

#46 kingstick07, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  7. AX7Irish nade

AX7Irish nade Ancient

wow when this first came out i didnt think it was that good but that just shoes what i know

8. Masta Blastr

Masta Blastr Ancient

If you use the suggested gametype that won't be a problem.

9. Goatnuts

Goatnuts Ancient

It's not very anti cheat.

You can still blow up the grav lifts, so I don't get why you didn't take the time to make this uncheatable. Going into the bank turn it's not very smooth either and sometimes your mongoose gets flipped.

10. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

You can't blow up the grav lifts while playing Racetracks. Your do no damage... And if players are going to take the time to destroy the grav lifts and sit on the checkpoint, or walk through it and then climb back up and around it, then they shouldn't even be racing. It's that simple.

If you want to talk about the flaws in this, or any, map, do it in the original post, not in the feature thread.

11. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

What, so they feature the first guy to do an old idea on a new map that has good interlocking?
    Dunb4, lacking in an original experience.

12. Masta Blastr

Masta Blastr Ancient

How is this an old idea? Show me another race track with a huge pyramid.

13. Star iz Legiit

Star iz Legiit Ancient

I love the aesthetics of this map, and especially how it goes into the pyramid. I have never seen a map like this before and as the post sais, it is inspirational. The gameplay is even better than the aesthetics, they are amazing. It is so fun to play with large parties and has yet to get boring to me.

14. Sarge525

Sarge525 Ancient

Well, why this is not a bad map (it is nice and smooth and has a nice aesthetic touch) it wouldn't have been my first choice for a sandbox racetrack feature. All I am going to say is that there are much better choices and that is how I feel on this matter.
    No offense to the creator as it is well built, just not the best.

15. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Well I played the most recent version last night, and it defenitly is not anti cheatable. The grav lifts arent even on instant respawn. So you can just blow them up, and run around in circles to win, which does take the fun out, but noone should do that if thet really are trying to have fun.This map looks really good from the pics, but when you play on it, its very bumpy. Most of the track is flat and then you get to that first banked wooden turn. That turn itself is very smooth untill you get around it. The end of that turn is very bumpy. I do like the pyramid but I am honestly surprised that this got featured but congratz to you anyway mastr blaster. I in no way mean to offend anyone. The purpose of posting is to give your opinion and my opinion is that this track is not as deserving as a few other ones, which I am sure will be featured in due time.

#55 Zombievillan, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  16. Titan Gamer

Titan Gamer Ancient

Good race map. The track is very smooth and flows nicely.

17. Masta Blastr

Masta Blastr Ancient

If you use the Racetracks gametype you do no damage and can't cheat.

18. STWOW

STWOW Ancient

Yea with the gametype and 0% damage, you cannot blow up the grav lifts, so it is cheat-proof

19. Smalls killz u

Smalls killz u Ancient

I highly enjoy this map good make 4/5

20. Sage

Sage Ancient

WHAT IS THIS

i played this map and i got bored in about the second lap

It seems as though the kid went and made a cool pyrimad and was like i could make this into a race track and then spent the next houd making the track

Fun factor = -7

You can try to tell me im wrong, but no opinion is wrong cuz its something that cant be wrong