Sky Pyramid

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by LIGHTSOUT225, Apr 18, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

20.8%
  2. Okay

5.4%
  3. Average

12.1%
  4. Good

29.5%
  5. Great

32.2%
  1. LIGHTSOUT225

Sky Pyramid
    By: Masta Blastr

Recommended Racers: 2-8
    Recommended Gametype: Halotracks

Sky Pyramid is the first FH race feature on Sandbox, and is only one of what is sure to be many spectacular race maps to come out of this unique canvas. Set in the skybubble, Masta Blastr's latest track is the full package. Sky Pyramid combines a seamless, unique track with some inspiring aesthetics that are sure to be a growing trend with the wealth of resources Sandbox has to offer forgers. The map's overall aura is all-encompassing, and the pyramid really turns this gem from just a forged map, into a full-fledged experience.

Sky Pyramid is essentially a large figure 8 track that cuts in and out of the imposing pyramid. It combines several 90 degree turns, two banked turns (one of which is wooden), along with some smooth straightaways. But the most impressive feature of the track is without a doubt the large, incredibly smooth jump over the starting spawn. Difficulty-wise, this track can work for all skill levels. There's enough ledges and shield doors around the corners to keep an 8 player party flowing well, and enough chances to fall off the map to keep things interesting. When its all said and done, Sky Pyramid is just flat out inspirational.

2. TheKeebobBobagawa

good map, a very generic race track, not very exciting, but, good, i guess.

#2 TheKeebobBobagawa, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  3. Blazeinator

Blazeinator Ancient

Ah yes, a great map. Would be nice if it had teles over the finish, but no biggy. Well worth the feature.

4. sonofnight94

sonofnight94 Ancient

I downloaded this map when it first came to forgehub and thought "eh, it's ok" and erased it (no offense). I never thought it would get a feature... shows how much I know

Good job on the feature.

5. Gunnergrunt

Gunnergrunt Ancient

its not quite my style (now Backburner...thats my kind of track!) but an above average race track nonetheless. It was one of the first racetracks to hit the forums once the Sandbox maps rolled out, so it definitely wins the originality award. Congratulations to mr. Masta Blastr on an entertaining and well forged track!

#5 Gunnergrunt, Apr 18, 2009
  6. Goatnuts

Goatnuts Ancient

Is this a joke? This could be forged in one sitting. There are other more deserving tracks than this. But you guys must have saw something in this. The way this track works is that if you get ahead you automatically win because it is such an easy track with no way to gain an advantage over another person.

7. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

All I've got to say about this map is summed up in what I wrote for Sarge's TGIF a few weeks back:

"Not the cleanest forged race map on Sandbox, nor the most ambitious, but it is the most fun, and that's what I care about."

I never thought this would get a feature, due to some technical flaws, but this map delivers where it counts.

8. LIGHTSOUT225

perhaps this is a good lesson for you then. take less time focusing on making the map look super nice, and focus more on the fun factor. BTW, the map looks incredible, anyway. spending ungodly amounts of hours on a map =/= feature.. by any means. Plus, no one said this is the end-all to race features.

That's the first damn sentence. If you don't like a feature, get over it and move on with your life, because guess what? there will be a new map on the front page in a few days.

I find your post to be pretty insulting. Not only to Masta, but to myself and the staff as well.

#8 LIGHTSOUT225, Apr 18, 2009
  9. ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit Ancient

<3 this map, reminds me of old race kart games like mario kart and crash bandicoot.

10. Agamer

Agamer Ancient

I do have to agree with you Lights on the fact there should be a fun factor involved in race tracks. However, like Goatnuts I too enjoy a competitive race. Now, the last time that I have played on this map, I recall that it's cheat able. Some may say that being cheat able is not that bad, but essentially it takes away the fun factor and the competitive factor when racing. This may be one of the feature worthy Sandbox racetracks to be seen on the front page to come, and I truly agree that Sky Pyramid is all about the fun factor. On the other hand, I can tell that the next featured Sandbox race track will be more on the competitive style from what you've said Lights.

Overall, I had truly found this racetrack fun due to the fact that I win every time, it's smooth throughout the entirety of the track, and the pyramid makes a nice touch to it.

11. LIGHTSOUT225

You played the old version, agamer. catch up :p

12. Agamer

Agamer Ancient

Is this a version three? Because I can recall breaking out and cheating on both versions one and two.

13. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

Wow, I am genuinely surprised that this got featured. It's clean and everything, but it's possible to cheat and the course can be tricky at some point.

Did the pyramid in the center earn him this feature?

14. LIGHTSOUT225

99% sure the current version isnt cheatable if your on your goose. And if it is, you should PM Masta about it

15. Chron

Chron Ancient

I downloaded the first version and loved it so I better catch up and download the newest version then.

A great map and a well deserved feature!

16. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Congrats on the feature, Masta. You are a truly talented forger and have made many tracks that are well deserving of recognition. I'm not sure I would pick this one out of your large collection of tracks, but great job nonetheless.

#16 ShaddoBlade, Apr 18, 2009
  17. Masta Blastr

Masta Blastr Ancient

Wow I never expected to get featured when I made it. Thanks for the feature Lights.

It did take a while to forge though for those that are wondering. The pyramid took a while and getting the jump perfect too a bit a time too. Infinite money and object limit problems also took a while to solve.

agamer if you found a way to cheat just tell me and I'll do my best to fix it.

#17 Masta Blastr, Apr 18, 2009
  18. spazmonkey92

spazmonkey92 Ancient

i really didnt expect this to be featured.

ive played this map a few times, once with the TGIF and yea its a cool map with an interesting layout but theres bumps and imperfections, i would have expected the FH staff to take into account.

i mean there are some great race maps about nowadays, and i have to say as fun as this map is, is not the best ive seen.

3.5/5

19. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

how the heck did this of all the racetracks on sandbox get featured???? I don't get it... My track and definetly back burner are better and this one looks like it took no time besides the pyramid and it doesn't even have any bank turns

But good job on the feature =)

#19 last_chaos_7, Apr 18, 2009
  20. Leeumm

Leeumm Ancient

I enjoy this track. I usually race around it when I'm bored, haven't had an actual race going yet, but it's pretty fun. There are a few imperfections, but it doesn't really hinder gameplay, from what I can tell.

'Grats on the feature. =)