Sky Palace!

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by n0pr0bl3m5, Jan 15, 2008.

1. n0pr0bl3m5

n0pr0bl3m5 Ancient

First of all, i want to say, this is definately not ur typical sky base. this is friken humonguous palace! obstacles to get thru! the falling fusion coils are apart of one of the obstacles. if u can get thru this thing by urself, tell me. i want to know. i have not me anyone yet who could do it without my help.

map: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=16266708
    gametype: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=16554683

This map is called sky palace. it is made just for infection. I do have an infection game type for this called "Dont letem in!" . this map is on standoff and it is a palace in the sky. i well crafted palace. The thing about this map is that it is not impossible for the zombies to kill the humans, it is actually fairly easy...until a human gets to the sniper tower. Humans start off all around the map and they must run and get to the mongooses while the zombie that started the game is trying to kill them. Once you get to the mongooses drive up the man cannon ramp and onto the landing deck of the palace which is the very bottom floor. There are 5 stories on this palace!!! 5 levels!! and it's a challenge to get to each one. going up garbage chutes and thru the waterfall of hell! ur ultimate goal on this is to stay alive. Stay alive for 7 minutes. That is how long each round should last. Whoever can stay alive for 7 minutes, if they can, wins that round. there is a man cannon on the sky palace also that leads to the sniper tower. oh yes the SNIPER TOWER! you are pretty much safe once you get here, but you have to get here first. This is all just a teaser! download it and find out more!
    There is no hiding allowed in the original standoff bases on the ground!!!!! that is important!!!!! and i may have forgot some stuff.
    Now, go ahead and see if you can make it thru this palace of hell!!!

screenshots: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EwQQamW4pU[/youtube]

2. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

Well, I'm getting to the point where anything *not* on Foundry gets an automatic look, so good job just for that. As for the map, I've queued it, I'll check it out after class, but it looks good from the pictures.

3. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

Have we forge hubbers fell victim to sky bases?

We try to stray from conventional maps, and skybases are way overdone. Especially for infection. Looks like half way decent skybase. Some of the boxes are sideways. And the weapons are held up by weapon holders, something we stray from. You'll learn!

4. Fbu

Fbu Ancient

The falling explosions are overdone and are frowned upon here. A lot of the things you've done is generally over done as well, but it's good that your figuring out how to forge. Stick with it and I'm sure you'll get better.

1/5 for my tastes

5. shadow0324

shadow0324 Ancient

I'm pretty sure infection maps and skyboxes are the most overused combo in forgehub

6. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

Nah... I think Foundry + anything is the most overused combo in forgehub.

-----Sorry I know that's two anti-Foundry propaganda comments on one post so far but I'm thinking about starting a crusade.

7. Fallenrat

Fallenrat Ancient

wow nice map!!!

8. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

Sky bases are overused I must say. Although I like how its on Standoff. Good efforts but try and branch out, be creative!

9. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Floating base map!?! Best idea ever!!

10. Blazen Nite

Blazen Nite Ancient

looks interesting. But i'm not a fan of zombie maps where humans just go somewhere to camp up high

11. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

God I hate floating bases. :squirrel_rant:

12. n0pr0bl3m5

n0pr0bl3m5 Ancient

=-P try it out, the explosions arent for show they are actually apart of the map. they are one of the obstacles.

13. n0pr0bl3m5

n0pr0bl3m5 Ancient

dude what's wrong with wep holders?

14. Leadingspartan

Leadingspartan Ancient

:squirrel_grouphug: This is fun, its just that the fusion cores get annoying. Plus it looks kinda sloppy

15. n0pr0bl3m5

n0pr0bl3m5 Ancient

i just hit 425 downloads!!

16. Leowolf

Leowolf Ancient

It looks enjoyable but could use some touching up, as mentioned by some of the other posts. otherwise i would download it (if i could figure out how to link my gamertag :mad:).

17. n0pr0bl3m5

n0pr0bl3m5 Ancient

947 downloads! i am so close to 1000

18. INTPsmith

INTPsmith Ancient

I noticed that everyone trumpets their huge sky fotresses, but does anyone here actually have a map with small utilitarian sky bases, that just serve as weapons caches or something like that.