Sky combat

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by Kristian Olav, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Kristian Olav

Kristian Olav Forerunner

Sky Combat

The map is basically two rows of mancannons that launch back and forth. There are of course provided a teleporter that put you right back in the action if one of the mancannons fail to launch far eonugh. Spawn points are in the air, and they drop you right down to the mancannons. Everything happens while flying through the air. You can have up to 8 players but I suggest 2v2 or 2-5 FFA.

The gametype provides you with a shotgun, plasma pistol and three plasma grenades. Player gravity is set to 75%, so you and the plasma grenades can fly (and get launched) perfectly together until you meet and... well... hug. Shotgun will be your primary weapon, but the one-shot-kill may not work if your aim and timing aren't perfect. So the plasma pistol can be handy aswell.

[​IMG]
    demonstration of the oddball spawn and a look at the map

I decided that the map suits well for very simple aesthetics (minimalism that is). Simple map, simple gameplay and spicy plasma grenades. Simply fun.

antonoi likes this.
  2. Quibbles

Quibbles Promethean

This is a lot of fun with 4-6 people. The grenades never disappear until they stick someone so it gets hilariously crazy at times. We've been having fun experimenting with different weapons too. So far I think snipers might be even better then the shotgun. Nice work.

3. Zaddly

Zaddly Promethean

Pretty good, clean map in the aesthetics, simple but fun it seems.

Keep forging dude